Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #897

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quick impressions after a few innings:
  • Graphics defiantly not as sharp as last year..not bad but not as clean and bright
  • Not seeing the framerate problem. Some stuttering but it is overblown thus far
  • New pitching and fielding is WAY different and will frustrate some
  • Anyone download an update when first putting the game in? I did..
Old 03-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #898
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thextreme1
Here is what I dont understand. Why are people so quick to defend the deficiencies in this game? We should be playing a smooth game on next gen systems. 3 3.2GHZ Cores, a powerful graphics chip and we cant get a game with 10 people max, on screen at once moving smooth? Especially since they are using baked lighting and low res textures. It isnt like there is a ton of animation happening within the stadiums themselves. I just dont understand how alot of people can be OK with framerate stutters with these powerful machines we are playing these games on.

Obviously 2KSports has no clue how to code for multi-core systems, because if they did, the game would look real, have realtime lighting and shadows and a smooth framerate to boot. Look at a game like Oblivion, which looks awesome in 720p, has 13 sq km of landmass, runs at 30fps, uses realtime lighting and has 4xAA.

Now, you tell me that a baseball game cant look just as good?

I, for one, am not OK with these stutters and demand more from my $60 games. Hell, 2K's games ran better when they were $20!

While the gameplay may be better, presentation is just as big a part in any sports game as the gameplay. 2K seems to be backsliding in the presentation department.
You sir....have a very good point.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #899
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

is there a way to make it so base runners arent automaticaly set to run home after they get a hit or am i missing something, every time i get a hit it has my runner dessignated to run home do i need to change a setting?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #900
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
is there a way to make it so base runners arent automaticaly set to run home after they get a hit or am i missing something, every time i get a hit it has my runner dessignated to run home do i need to change a setting?

Your tapping A... lol

You use the face buttons to send runners to different bases.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #901
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Can someone get into a little detail on the hitting system? What happens when you try to pull an outside pitch or go the other way with an inside pitch? Do you feel like you have any influence on whether or not you hit the ball on the ground or in the air? Are you able to lift low pitches and hit high pitches on the ground at times or will contact on a low pitch always result in hitting the ball on the ground?

Can you tell that you now have more "room" for contact being that they expanded the # of frames available for contact?

I know you're seeing more hit variety, can you go into a little detail? Choppers, line drives, any balls hit ove OF's heads? Any hits down the lines?

How are the check swings?

How is bunting (sacraficing and bunting for hits)?

Thanks!
the hitting system is definitely better than last years...a definite upgrade.
you can definitely feel it when you get on top of a ball or when you pull it or go the other way, i even grined a bit when i made contact and knew immidiately as soon as the ball left the bat that it was a grounder(chopper) because of how it felt during contact.(very nice)
you feel in complete control of where the ball is hit to.
i haven't tried to check swing or bunt so i can't answer that.

i am also not experiencing any framerate issues...not saying they don't exist, just that i have not had any....strange
sharp aquos running in 720p

so far right out of the box the game plays a very good game of baseball, and once i make a few adjustments this game will play a great game of baseball......welcome back 2k basball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #902
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Don't press A(360) or X(PS3).
Old 03-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #903
Pro

OVR: 7

are you tapping the a button as you run?

the face buttons equal the base you want to go to (there is no more turbo)
Old 03-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #904
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken each face button corresponds to to a particular base. So if you get a hit and immediately tap 'A' the runner will read this as going home, since 'A' is the button that corresponds to home plate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »