Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #817
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

i think the field is a lot smaller now. Its like line drives are hitting the fence after two hops. its really wierd. its almost as if they shrunk the stadium down once in the game. Also the studdering with the ball in play is no good. Its rough to deal with, OF just didnt catch ball cuz he was chopping by the circle.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #818

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

haha right when i talk about my homer thing...barry zito shuts me down
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #819
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Finally, it's back in the game after having been gone for a couple years. Good to know.

Game is sold. I can get around any other little glitches or bugs.
With all the quirky CPU trades and lineup/DL bugs this is the best news ever.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #820
MVP

OVR: 13

I have the game (for the PS3) My impressions:

- The framerate issue is a little overblown. Like previous posters have said - pitching and batting - NO problem. Where you see it is is in spots after the play or what seems like forever when a fly ball is hit. Not terrible, but noticable. Didn't really bother me at all truthfully.
- Lets just call a spade a spade. This game struggles when it comes to animations - specifically the transitions between them. maybe I am spoiled because of the "other" game but this is my most glaring visual fault of this game.
- The graphics to me are pretty much even from last year. Maybe slightly less - maybe. I 've said before I just don't see it. Me thinks the problem is a year later the bar has been raised and what was impressive before is now just "meh." Still a very good looking game - just not one of the best anymore.
- I LOVE the new pitching mechanic - although I am terrible at it. I'm giving up HR's like they grow on trees.
- I HATE swing stick...just cannot get the timing right. It took me exactly 30 minutes to switch back to classic hitting.
- I still have issues with the strike zone - it could be smaller. To their credit - it looks like the high strike has been toned down. However - if even a milimeter of the ball hits the strike zone - it's being called a strike. I find myself hacking wildly because of this.
- I have both baseball games. I really like this game so far. Really I do. I just don't "love" it (yet.)

PS -The signature style for Ryan Howard is more accurate on this game than the one his on the cover for. LOL!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #821

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, if you recall in 2006 the Dodgers hit 4 home runs in 5 pitches...

So, are the bat sounds the same as we've seen in most videos, or do they sound more like that trailer?
i havent noticed the crappy bat sounds as last time they seem fine to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #822
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Someone asked a few pages back about what minor league stadiums there are and one person replied there was a thread about this. I can't find it. In fact the only thread I see about it is now locked and was told to ask in the impressions thread.

So can someone point to me where there is a list of the minor league stadiums that are included in the game? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #823
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Thankfully I'm going to try the aerial cam to see if it improves the framerate.

I really liked MLB 2k7 last year, with that being said.

Setup: Dell 24" monitor with VGA cables (right away I had to step down to 1280x720 as the framerate on 1920x1080 was horrible)

You have to update right off the bat, there is a roster update dated 2/29 - didn't see anything on Xbox Live to download yet.

You pick your favorite team. From there I played an exhibition game vs Seattle (I'm the Cardinals).

The graphics are definitely worse this year, no wow factor at all from me this year.

I didn't see any studdering while the game loaded up, but when a ball is hit to the OF with the default fielding cam, framerate.. even at 720p is definitely a bummer. Had me thinking of The Show on my neighbor's ps3 and how smooth that game played.

Swing stick 2.0 seems much better, imo so far.

You can hit pause when pitching and engage a pitching tutorial.. (much needed), after some practice, I really like the pitching .

Fielding is SO MUCH BETTER than last year and throwing is quite fun.

Sexton hit a HR against me and the crowd reacted like they should.

So far, I'm a bit disappointed, but it's an initial impression. I definitely need more games under my belt and I hope the aerial cam alleviates some of this annoying choppyness.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #824
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Interested in hearing about the online success/issues....considering what is the online debacle that is NHL2K8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »