Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #825
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

I got my copy around 11 am est. I have to say I really am likeing everything about the game. The first game I play was minor league game. I made a created player who was 75 rating and started him in single A. He was a stud there, so i promated him to AAA. He was good, but not great there. As far as the shuttering, I have not seen it and i am playing at 1080p. One play so far was great for me. I hit the ball the 3b couldnt handle it, the ss grabbed it with one had and threw me out. I think it is and upgrade over last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #826
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Someone asked a few pages back about what minor league stadiums there are and one person replied there was a thread about this. I can't find it. In fact the only thread I see about it is now locked and was told to ask in the impressions thread.

So can someone point to me where there is a list of the minor league stadiums that are included in the game? Thanks.
I'd like to know too.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #827
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

I played the greatest game ever.I did a fantasy draft.

First inning i give a 2-home-run up to Nomar. Don't laugh, gave him a meatball. 2 nothing them. They score another the next inning. 3 nothing them. the score stays until i go on fire. I hit a home-run with alex rios. 3 to 1. next inning i score another. 3 to 2. We go to seventh and Okajima gives up two more runs. 5 to 2. bottom of seventh i score another. 5 to 3. The next two innings go fine with Turnbow (mine). Bottom of the ninth, two straight hits I bring in Jason Kubel to bat for my pitcher with runners on first and second. He gets a single scores one and moves one to third. Now Curtis Granderson who's 4-4. He hits a smash into the left field corner. Scores the runner on third with Kubel rounding second. The left fielder picks up and throws home as Kubel rounds third. It's a close play and... SAFE! I win the game. YEAH, thats right.

BTW, i'm playing on pro and it's pretty realistic.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Last edited by TeixeiraFanatic; 03-04-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: wrong fielder
Old 03-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #828
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

is anyone being able to go online with ps3 version or is it freezing everyones ps3? i havent talked to anybody who could get it to go online so i want to know if its a problem for everyone and maybe 2k is just setting up the servers for the ps3 version
Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #829
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I have the game (for the PS3) My impressions:

- The framerate issue is a little overblown. Like previous posters have said - pitching and batting - NO problem. Where you see it is is in spots after the play or what seems like forever when a fly ball is hit. Not terrible, but noticable. Didn't really bother me at all truthfully.
- Lets just call a spade a spade. This game struggles when it comes to animations - specifically the transitions between them. maybe I am spoiled because of the "other" game but this is my most glaring visual fault of this game.
- The graphics to me are pretty much even from last year. Maybe slightly less - maybe. I 've said before I just don't see it. Me thinks the problem is a year later the bar has been raised and what was impressive before is now just "meh." Still a very good looking game - just not one of the best anymore.
- I LOVE the new pitching mechanic - although I am terrible at it. I'm giving up HR's like they grow on trees.
- I HATE swing stick...just cannot get the timing right. It took me exactly 30 minutes to switch back to classic hitting.
- I still have issues with the strike zone - it could be smaller. To their credit - it looks like the high strike has been toned down. However - if even a milimeter of the ball hits the strike zone - it's being called a strike. I find myself hacking wildly because of this.
- I have both baseball games. I really like this game so far. Really I do. I just don't "love" it (yet.)

PS -The signature style for Ryan Howard is more accurate on this game than the one his on the cover for. LOL!
Best (most unbias) post i seen on this thread so far....thank you sir....
Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #830
Banned

OVR: 9

i wonder how some of the people who have the game are experiencing stutter issues and others arent. Its a pretty noticable stutter problem when ball is in play. But as the other kid said, maybe were spoiled by the other game. I picked up both versions, figuring 2k8 online would be better than the other game. but i knew the other game would be better offline. looks like i shoulda just bought one. ill keep both and hope for some fixes. Also, the other game has some issues as well, but more stats than anything.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #831
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Someone asked a few pages back about what minor league stadiums there are and one person replied there was a thread about this. I can't find it. In fact the only thread I see about it is now locked and was told to ask in the impressions thread.

So can someone point to me where there is a list of the minor league stadiums that are included in the game? Thanks.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038185564

this is a list of triple A, the single and double A are further into that post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #832
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Please mention what difficulty setting your playing on when you say you hit 5+ home runs in a game!

Rookie and Pro= For the casual gamer.More arcadey.

All-Star and Legend= Sim.More realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »