Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #737
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
Thank god I preordered it, now I am going to wait and get all of your guys impressions and maybe wait for the demo, if their ever is one. So I think I am going to wait. I have a 36in HD and if it lags at 1080I, I ain't buying it. Can anyone tell me about the presentation. meaning CROWDS. Do they boo etc.....

i almost forgot, i played 3 games so far all at shea. 2 vs phillies 1 vs pirates. every time the other team pops up to the outfield the crowd reacts like as if I hit it, like i hear awww like an upset reaction. now I overlooked it for the most part as it was just hard to figure out who they are rooting for. I also heard in each game to crown yelling c'mon jerffrey etc when the other team was up. not tauning them, cheering for them. weird. i did hear them do the jose,jose,jose thing for reyes but thats as much cheering as ive hear for my team.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #738
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
With classic hitting is there practice swings?
I could not figure out how to. I am guessing No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeser12
Only seen one person mention it, but is there finally a realistic number of fouls?

That was a major issue for me in 2k7: I would whiff and miss at balls too much, when in real-life most would just be fouled off. Sometimes my bat would go THROUGH the ball, which really pissed me off.
A lot more foul balls than last year
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #739
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Read alot of crap about the framerate but I didn't see anything mentioned about DLP - just plasma and LCD. Anyone having the bad lag on DLP?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #740
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

Just played my first game offline, Houston vs. SF at AT&T Park. 720p, VGA input. Choppiness was slight, but for me were mostly resigned to deep, slow outfield flys. Love the new pitching interface, stuck my first batter out (mainly thanks to my catcher calling only FBs and Changeups), then got rocked hard trying to throw other pitches.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #741
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direblaze
How is the swing stick? I always wanted to bat with the swing stick but did not enjoy it in 2k7. Did they improve it alot ?
i wasnt a fan of swing stick last year. i like it this year. ive been playing with it and i dont have the urge to go back to button swing yet like i did with 2k7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #742
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's good to hear, should make total pitches much higher and make at-bats much more interesting.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #743
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i wasnt a fan of swing stick last year. i like it this year. ive been playing with it and i dont have the urge to go back to button swing yet like i did with 2k7.
Not unless you want to be punched. Time to go next-gen my friend . . .

This isn't Genesis.

(You reading this Heelfan71?!?!?)
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #744
MVP

OVR: 11

Disappointing... just cancelled my order with Amazon. The framerate issue (I just bought a 1080p TV and am not sacrificing resolution), unplayable online, lack of presentation, same commentary as last year, downgrade in graphics from last year, etc. just doesn't justify my $$. Yet another "next-gen" sports game I'm going to pass on.

I'll wait for the demo and if I fall in love it, I'll re-order it. I just doubt the new gameplay elements can make me overlook those other things. I have found it pretty odd that the demo never made it out, there have been very few videos, no reviews, the videos that were released were choppy and everyone kept blaming the videos themselves or the beta version of the game. Now it appears the game is choppy. Seems like they released a beta game and charged $60 for it. Thanks. I'll wait 'til they finish their 3-year plan before giving them my money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »