Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #713
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thextreme1
Yea, it is too big of a problem. The thing is, it isnt like a PC where you have alot of variables. On the PC side, they could fix it. Microsoft doesnt want to open a can of worms starting with MLB 2K8, where developers feel they can release unfinished code and then finish it up in a patch. Graphically, there is nothing they can do, other than lessen the resolution even more or totally go back and rework the game engine. Which I have been convinced since 2K6, that it was last gens engine with better graphics. The framerate issues in this years game, pretty much confirm that for me.

2K never went back and rewrote a new engine for the game. They just upgraded last gens engine. At least, that is what I am leaning towards until they can prove me wrong without any graphical hitches. What happened to the 50-60fps that Ben Brinkman promised? It mustve gone the same route as the demo.

I suggest if you bought this game and cant get over the framerate issues, that you call Take 2 and demand a refund. Email them quotes from Ben Brinkman and let them know that the game doesnt represent what he said. Until gamers vote with their wallets, it seems 2K feels more than happy to pull an EA on them every year.

And... Where the hell is Microsofts quality control department in all of this? Didnt they demand 720p/2xFSAA and 30FPS as a bare minimum? Or was that just a suggestion?
It is hard to feel as if we are in the next gen when so many games these days are released with such glaring problems. Namely: Tearing, slowdown, last gen visuals, last gen gameplay and glitches.

I am sorry if I sound so down on MS and 2K, but this just tops the cake. I think it is very deceptive on both MS and Take 2's part to hold off releasing a demo and reviews, knowing that these framerate issues exist and then release the full game to the public broken. This is the crap that brought down the videogame industry in the 80's. Too many bad games amongst a few gems.

Again, sorry for venting. I hope you understand.
I just wrote an email to 2K tech support telling them how disappointed I am with this game. It will be interesting to see the response I get. I will say this, the quality of their response will determine if I ever purchase another 2K Sports game again.

Also, I called their tech support number as well and left a vm for some guy named Christian. I left him a message stating my disappointment and asked what he intended to do about it. The number is 415-507-7750. I suggest we fill up his VM until they get the point.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #714
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

This game gets an absolute F rating online so far.

- Home Run Derby, again
- Lag is pathetic
- You have to swing before the pitch is released, because of it
- Oh yeah, everything that's not a fastball or change-up is a meatball, even if you know how to pitch, because of the lag.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #715

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

the normal difficult...im doin this right now so i can get use to pitching
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #716
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
am talkin franchise or season can do it ?
"Dood!" Think about it! FRANCHISE AND SEASON! You can only pick 4 teams and can only play games with those teams. IF YOU PICK THE CARDINALS, GIANTS, DODGERS, AND BREWERS, YOU CAN ONLY PLAY GAMES WITH THOSE TEAMS. That's it! Ca-peesh?!?!?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #717
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
am talkin franchise or season can do it ?
NO DUDE, you CANNOT do it. How many different ways do you want him to tell you?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #718
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bill,

Since I think we have similar taste in baseball gaming, do you think you'll be giving some extended impressions here ... or this another place you are to be found these days?

Thanks, too, for chiming in. I know your opinion is valued by a number of baseball gamers.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #719
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Got my copy today.

I love the new pitching UI. Love it. Definitely worth learning.
Hi Bill

Seems to be a concern with framerate issues. Are you experiencing this?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #720
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamstrick
"Dood!" Think about it! FRANCHISE AND SEASON! You can only pick 4 teams and can only play games with those teams. IF YOU PICK THE CARDINALS, GIANTS, DODGERS, AND BREWERS, YOU CAN ONLY PLAY GAMES WITH THOSE TEAMS. That's it! Ca-peesh?!?!?
about time thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »