Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #681
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

when i set it to 720p i def. notice a difference in a positive way
..still a bit choppy but not nearly as bad

finally starting to figure out the pitching which is helping...

feels like some guys run way to fast around the bases sometimes...aka Elsbury and Sizemore...who i know are both very fast in real life...however they seem extra fast in this, which i'm sure can be touched up with a little editing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #682
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Ok guys here are my Impressions after playing one game. Default settings. PS3, ball trail off.

Negatives

-Gets choppy during fielding sometimes. I am running 720p Its not a game killer, just annoying.
-Pitching is hard, very hard. This isn't a bad thing, but some people may see it as a negative.
-Graphics took a hit. Its very Noticeable.

Honestly thats all I can think of for the bad.

Oh and by the way Indians fans. It has Cleveland Municipal Stadium.
Positives

-The areal fielding cam is the best fielding cam I have ever used in a baseball video game.
Unless its a very high pop up, you see the ball's whole flight.
-Batting is nice. Feels like you have just as much control as aiming and hitting a button.
-Hit variety. I don't think I saw 2 similar hits at all. And with the pitching being so hard they hit plenty.
-Throwing is amazing. Absolutly love it.
-Animations are smooth, lots of new ones. Some nice first basemen scoops too.
-Baserunning is much much better, just feels natural now.

Thats all I can think of for now. I will say they the frame rate holds this game back. Its not a game killer by any means though. If they can patch it it would make the game on par with the show.
The game is also just very fun.

I will be happy to answer questions for a bit.

Great to hear some positive feedback from you and bowlerguy92.

I'm still going to wait and rent it. I thought NHL08 was the great sports game I had ever played. But after 3 weeks of playing that straight the mask started wearing off.

I'm still concerened about the framerate issues however.
It's ridiculous to me that the hardware of today's consoles blows away anything I owned 15 years ago, and yet none of these things were an issue then.
Framerate should be the last problem of any console game. PC maybe, but console? Never.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #683
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervelous
Well, about the PS3 owners, some of us like to have more than 1 baseball game to play. I have had the full version of Show 08 since Saturday and logged many hours. It is an OUTSTANDING baseball game but it has its flaws as well. The pitching interface is simple and getting old. I find the behind the pitcher cam plain and lacking compared to 2K's.

Not to mention online is crap for The Show. Laggy and unplayable a lot of the time. This is documented on the Show boards. That doesn't affect me because the majority of my time is spent in RTTS and franchise, but those who play online more than anything else will care.

I do think The Show is the best baseball game I've ever played, but there are definitely reasons some people could want both games or choose 2K over the Show.
That's exactly it. I've played 15 years of baseball games where you just pick a pitch and throw. I'm looking forward to 2K and will be picking it up in 30 minutes. Hopefully, it plays well. Otherwise, it's back to OOTP.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #684
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

When posting impressions on framerate, can you please post the type of TV? I'd love to read some impressions for SDTV owners.

This was going to be a first day buy for me, but now I'm thinking I may wait a few days/weeks until I hear more about the framerate problems (or get to play a demo). I'm not all the ready for baseball season, so I can probably wait before blowing $60 on a faulty game.

I did check and Pudge is doing 2008 rosters for HH2004, so I've always got that to go back to.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #685
Pro

OVR: 11

CAN U PLAY OTHER TEAM GAME IN FRANCHISE MODE OR JUST UR OWN TEAM U PICKED ? someone plz answer my >?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #686
Rookie

OVR: 4

But if the framerate is that bad why hasn't been mention before on any preview including the preview build here at OS, I dont remember but Steve did mention something about that?

could be some copies maybe? like 06 with the freezing bug that was present on some copies? anyway I dont care, because I'm not getting the game anyway, that's why I get a PS3 to be able to play "The Show"
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #687
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
CAN U PLAY OTHER TEAM GAME IN FRANCHISE MODE OR JUST UR OWN TEAM U PICKED ?
Dude in franny or season u can pick only 4 teams to use.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #688
MVP

OVR: 8

I have the choppiness problem too. Just switched to 720P so we will see if that helps.

Sometimes it runs really smooth

I am digging stadium beats, and I edited all my minor leaguers already

Player models look fine. Animations look good...just a little choppy and its HARD to pitch. Is there a tutorial?

Also, how do I unlock Legends Field and Durham Bulls park...it says "locked, marketplace" but I dont see them on the marketplace?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »