Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #617
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain44
Not yet, im gonna try them though and see if that makes a difference. I got my 360 in April of 06. Could be that, but I hope not cause COD4 runs so smooth on my sdtv.
COD4 is literally years ahead of the 2K baseball game... COD has always been great and has only gotten better, they're still trying to figure out what they want to do with the 2K series...Plus they're starting and working with what I would consider a broken gameplay engine.

At the end of the day, 2K would probably be better off cultivating and growing the "Power Pro's" gameplay engine....
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #618
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
I had concerns when they made the announcement seeing they couldn't get a steady 30FPS last year.

I haven't seen it yet but if true, disappointing. 3 years for frame rate problems.

I think it's the game engine or either the graphics engine(if that makes sense)

what i mean is it seems that they didn't rewrite code so it's gets mixed up with old I'm assuming kinda like the nba 2k games. they didn't REALLY fully redo the graphics engines just tweaked them...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #619
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Because maybe the beta version was stripped down? How does that not make any sense?
But a beta, should be just that.

A full version should be as bug free as possible.

With the beta, you suppose to iron out all the bugs you find, not create new ones.

If the game is so choppy why didn't they hold it back to fix it, or even in the videos from IGN or Vetszballin we'd see some choppiness unless that was the same beta that have been played by Steve
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #620
Rookie

OVR: 6

Folks from all over the net are confirming the framerate issue. And the scary thing it's happening to lot's of sets - 720,1080,Sd etc.

Let's hope we can get this thing figured out
Old 03-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #621
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm holding out for more impressions, but this makes my heart sink.

So much for my big plan of buying a 360 right away for some hardball heaven.

Last edited by brendanrfoley; 03-04-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #622
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Makes me wonder if this is why no demo/reviews are out due to the issues gamers are seeing ala Nba Live 07 for 360???????. Mods not sure if this is the right place for my opinion if not please correct me.
the other game is awesome and I'm hoping this one turns out to be also. I just want us gamers to have as many good options to play this year for our enjoyment. Gonna go pick it up now and give my impressions which isn't saying much.
JSKYWALKER1, Ive seen you on The Show boards. Had the Show 08 since Saturday, and lovin it.

seeing as how you also have the Show (or at least played demo) I would love to see some impressions from you, stating the system you picked it up for (I have both PS3 and 360) and a comparison between the 2 games. Setup (what type of TV & res) would also be nice seeing as how some seem to be having framerate problems on certain setups.

I really hope this game turns out good as I am looking for a reason to buy it. Can never have too many good baseball games!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #623
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

i can definatly confirm that there is alot of choppiness. my reccomendation for anyone thinking about getting this game is to wait for more impressions. graphics are major downgrade they cut content such as some uniforms,etc and its very laggy/ i thought it was freezing a few times but it never did. again, these are my initial impressions maybe 1-2 hours with the game. im not telling anyone to not buy it the game sucks, im telling you that if 60 bucks is alot of money for you or hard to come by, wait till tomorrow or thursday when this board can get alot more solid impressions.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #624
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I wonder if I will see framerate issues if I am using a LCD monitor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »