Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #153
Pro

huggerorange73's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
^Funny how you take a jab at the Cubs and have a remark about the Cubs having not won a series above a positive statement about the Sox in your signature, even though the Sox won a series in 05. Inferiorty complex much?? Cubs will win the NL this year. mark it down. ok maybe not
It's all in good fun man, relax.....even you gotta admit the comical nature of a 100 year drought.

On a side note, you're welcome to come on out to the Cell and I'll take ya to our inferior trophy & banner.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #154
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Guys Matt said you can hear the difference between a dribbler & a blast. Brinkman has said that they recorded various bat sounds & those sounds will vary. Quote from the conference call:

Here's hoping this will ease people's anxieties...
Joe, I heard that too but it still seems that we can't get what I think is an amazingly simple answer to the bat sound question. The trailer bat sounds sounded like a real ball hitting a real bat but in every other video we have seen, they sound excactly like last years. Last years dido not sound like the real thing.

Why can't anyone that has seen a recent build of the game say yes or no to the sounds we heard in the trailer (bat hitting ball) are in deed what we will hear when we buy the game? I just don't understand. I only need to see one bat making contact with one ball to know if it sounds real or not. Crazy I say! haha
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #155
Banned

OVR: 14

i think our only hope is that the new sounds were in the last 10% of the build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #156
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask3m
i think our only hope is that the new sounds were in the last 10% of the build.
Yes, this is more than likely the case for the vids not having the newer sounds. I believe that we will get new sounds but NOT the ones from the trailer.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #157
Pro

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerorange73
It's all in good fun man, relax.....even you gotta admit the comical nature of a 100 year drought.

On a side note, you're welcome to come on out to the Cell and I'll take ya to our inferior trophy & banner.
just giving you crap too.

Did you hear that the Cubs are going to be renovating Wrigley and will call The Cell home in 2010. Reportedly.

In regards to the 100 years, you would think they would have at least "lucked up" on WS championship at least once during that time. so many different players, managers, ownerships. The only constant is Wrigley. I wish they'd build a modern stadium out in Schaumburg and get rid of the beer garden.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #158
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Really, that news to me. Everything I've read so far has Joba as our 8th inning guy
Yeah that's what I've seen as well. He was starting as the setup and slowly brought in as a starter sometime after All Star break. Has this changed?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah that's what I've seen as well. He was starting as the setup and slowly brought in as a starter sometime after All Star break. Has this changed?
I doubt-it Sky.. I also heard him starting in the pen & then going down to the minors to throw starter innings somewhat after the All-Star game. Personally I hope they keep him in the bullpen & groom him to be Mariano's succesor
Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #160
Banned

OVR: 4
"You will have the option to make trades for CPU-controlled teams in franchise mode, but you won't be able to edit their rotations and lineups."

What does this mean? You can change teams in franchise but you can't control that team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »