Home

Monster Energy Supercross 5 Preview - Hands-On Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Monster Energy Supercross 5 Preview - Hands-On Gameplay Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Monster Energy Supercross 5 Preview - Hands-On Gameplay Impressions

Milestone is set to release Monster Energy Supercross 5 on March 17, 2022. I was lucky...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2022, 01:41 AM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Great read. Sounds like some solid improvements. I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Monster Energy Supercross 5 Preview - Hands-On Gameplay Impressions

So I did the pre order of the "deluxe" version.

It said before I did the pre order it was available the 13th with early access and it still does.

The game download overnight and the countdown timer shows 1 day plus 11 hours.....That isn't the 13th. It's the 14th.

I work for a living so if I knew it was actually Monday release I would not have done the pre order as I will have very limited time after Sunday to play.

Based on current world events this isn't that important however I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing?
Old 03-17-2022, 07:51 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
So I did the pre order of the "deluxe" version.

It said before I did the pre order it was available the 13th with early access and it still does.

The game download overnight and the countdown timer shows 1 day plus 11 hours.....That isn't the 13th. It's the 14th.

I work for a living so if I knew it was actually Monday release I would not have done the pre order as I will have very limited time after Sunday to play.

Based on current world events this isn't that important however I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing?
Richzilla are you feelin the game?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 03-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

I do like the game.

I will try and keep this slightly shorter than war and peace....lol

I cant say it's light years different than last year. That being said last year was pretty good.

So my pet peeves.......

Career mode.

I don't need to "work out" and do a ton of grind on what look like user created tracks to earn skills.

They have killed that mode for me over the last couple years...I get earning cred that allows you to race for higher level teams that makes sense to me but I bought this game to RACE not grind for tokens to get basic skills anyone riding at a pro level should already have.

I'm going to spend most of my time in the straight championship mode where I don't have to do all the non racing JUNK. I'm glad they have that option.

Pet Peeve # 2... I don't understand why we cant have the current 2022 riders and teams especially when it's not released until half way through the current season. I get having last years tracks but we know who's on what team before A1 in January as far as that goes the track maps are released early as well. How about in addition to a track editor we get a pro team roster editor and I will make the adjustments myself in about 20 minutes.

Pet Peeve #3 the cut scenes for the podium/etc on the PS5 look like they are from the PS3. I know most of us skip them but come on.

The good...........

With all that being said the when you get the bike on an official track it's still very fun and learning the rhythm of a track still pays dividend. It just a great feeling when you nail a section and turn a great lap time.

I personally enjoy doing time attack and it has a decent set up for ghost riders/friend menu/etc.

I love the fact that you can adjust the camera "zoom" to make it look how want it.

I like the options they allow on the set up of the events. You can tweak them to just about any level you want....Length of race, heat races or no heat race.

I have little interest in the "compound" I get some folks must like that stuff or they wouldn't spend so much time on it. I get bored with it pretty quickly.

Some of my comments may seem harsh or that I'm not happy with the game...I do like the game...I give the feedback because I love this sport and this game series and on the very small chance someone that can have an impact will read the suggestions and take them into consideration.

For me when your on track it's pretty good solid fun and I believe it's well worth buying if your a supercross fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2022, 06:03 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

You know I'm a huge fan of the sport but these games have run their course with me. I have 2 copies of every MX / SX game (Xbox and Playstation) except for SX5 so I've got plenty of racing I can do. I'm at the point now where I feel it's just not worth full price to play a game that has the riders on last years teams. I may get the game months from now at a reduced price , but the urgency to get it day one is gone for me.

It's getting mixed reviews on You Tube ,but the guys I trust all like the game and agree it's improved over SX4.

Last edited by JMD; 03-20-2022 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:27 AM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

I finally picked the game up on sale. The game feels great , looks great. I've done the futures and 250 races , now I'm doing the 450 season.

My only big complaint: The A.I.: Not sure why Dev's seem to have a problem programming the A.I. but they do. In this game they are brutal. They are not aware of you at all. I constantly get run into , knocked off track , rear wheel gets rammed in the turns sending me off it the wrong direction. If I get a bad start or make a mistake , trying to get through the pack is an exercise in futility. I pass two or three bikes only to be rammed by another and then passed by half a dozen or more. 1 step forward 3 steps back.

The thing I don't understand is the A.I. is not like this in the MXGP games. Must have something to do with the smaller / tighter tracks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »