Home

World of Outlaws 24: Gameplay Trailer drops, Pre-Orders Open, Early Access Letdown

This is a discussion on World of Outlaws 24: Gameplay Trailer drops, Pre-Orders Open, Early Access Letdown within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2024, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
World of Outlaws 24: Gameplay Trailer drops, Pre-Orders Open, Early Access Letdown

Gameplay trailer is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t924qtIpLb0

My initial impressions:

11 series and 49 tracks announced for launch, with more tracks coming as DLC. If they maintain the medal format from last time--16 medals per series, per track--that will be nearly 9,000 medals to track down.

Gold Edition pre-order works out a $5 rebate on the Season Pass, and 3 days of early access, rather than the 7 they were previously talking about. No wonder pre-orders are opening this late...

Quick shot in the trailer showed a rather cramped Local office--yup, your team is based in Indiana again, based on the map--which SEEMS, and this is unconfirmed, to hint at better digs as you move up the ranks. Speaking of, there are four ranks this time around, with Outlaws now being a separate tier above Nationals.

Wing adjustments on the fly could potentially make Sprint series feel markedly different from Modifieds. Time will tell.

Not much revealed here on presentation. Menus definitely got a snazzy coat of paint that no longer looks like a Ctrl-C Ctrl-V from SRX: The Game, but...that's all I see.

Mini challenges could offer a bit of a break from the Career Mode...or they could end up being an aggravation on the side, a la the Top Gear minibus race in GT5. We'll see.

There's got to be more to come in the next week or two, one hopes. That CAN'T be all the updates, surely?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2024, 01:07 AM   #2
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: World of Outlaws 24: Gameplay Trailer drops, Pre-Orders Open, Early Access Letdow

Really feels more like dlc and not a whole new game. Wing adjustment is ok but I still need more.

Edit: Dynamic Track changes are in as well.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

Last edited by Cubfan; 08-26-2024 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:36 AM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: World of Outlaws 24: Gameplay Trailer drops, Pre-Orders Open, Early Access Letdow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Really feels more like dlc and not a whole new game. Wing adjustment is ok but I still need more.

Edit: Dynamic Track changes are in as well.
I'm pretty disappointed with what we've seen so far. Definitely could have been just a DLC update. Very few new tracks, and no updated damage model. Wingless sprints are nice, but I couldn't care less about micro sprints. Micros seem like a series for kids IMO. Doesn't even look like they've updated number fonts or wrap designs for created cars. All in all really underwhelming, and doesn't justify a whole new full price game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 08-31-2024, 07:51 PM   #4
Rookie

To be fair, though, sometimes what sounds on paper like a few minor tweaks that could be DLC, turns out to be much greater than the sum of the individual updates (oh, hi there, Persona 5 Royal).

And Outlaws did do the whole DLC thing last year. Base game is two years old at this point.

A one-year dev cycle is barely feasible for triple-A studios of late. Consider: how many full-price roster updates has the Death Star unleashed in the past decade? So, updating the base game every other year, seems about right for this particular property.

And on a two-year dev cycle, a $65 preorder for the Gold Edition works out to $32.50 per year, which...eh, fair enough, I suppose.
Old 09-01-2024, 02:22 PM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar81
To be fair, though, sometimes what sounds on paper like a few minor tweaks that could be DLC, turns out to be much greater than the sum of the individual updates (oh, hi there, Persona 5 Royal).

And Outlaws did do the whole DLC thing last year. Base game is two years old at this point.

A one-year dev cycle is barely feasible for triple-A studios of late. Consider: how many full-price roster updates has the Death Star unleashed in the past decade? So, updating the base game every other year, seems about right for this particular property.

And on a two-year dev cycle, a $65 preorder for the Gold Edition works out to $32.50 per year, which...eh, fair enough, I suppose.
Don't get me wrong, I love the original game, and it's 23 update. I did preorder the gold edition of this one. I was really hoping for an updated paint booth with some new shcemes and number fonts. I guess we don't know for sure that we don't have some new things in there since we haven't seen it yet. I was just going on what we've seen from the cars in the gameplay.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2024, 09:34 AM   #6
Just started!

The Gold Edition will include future DLC packs featuring Oswego Speedway, Huset’s Speedway, alternative paint schemes, and game appearance packs.
Old 09-11-2024, 12:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Gold Edition pre-download clocks in on PS5 as 35GB and and change, FWIW.

I'm kinda tempted to do a midnight launch stream, but I doubt I'd get a ton of views on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »