Home

NHL 2021 Offseason

This is a discussion on NHL 2021 Offseason within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #17
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 2021 Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Detroit Red Wings: 6th best odds to get the #1 pick. Lottery draw: 6th overall pick.

The Pistons and the Wings absolutely never out-draw their statistical draft order. I think it's literally never happened for either squad.

It's going to be another decade before any team from Detroit contends for a title.
As a non-Wings fan that grew up in the UP in the 90s, I am having to dig really, really deep to find sympathy lol
Old 06-03-2021, 01:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
How about Marner/Seth Jones? Apparently Seth Jones wants out...
I heard that rumour this morning on the radio.
I think this could work for both teams. But I'm sure Toronto would want some kind assurance that Jones would sign longterm.

I'm still on team Marner though. I know he's sucked bad in the playoffs, but he has elite skill and IQ. I think this is a case of maturity.
He is going to be hellbent next season to prove a point. He's going to have a monster regular season and I truly believe he's going to break out in the postseason.
If I'm wrong, then I think Dubas moves him, just for his own mental wellbeing. Marner might not survive walking down the street if he has another poor playoff performance.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #19

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
As a non-Wings fan that grew up in the UP in the 90s, I am having to dig really, really deep to find sympathy lol
I have 0 sympathy for the franchises who've had a lifetime of titles and then struggle.

Sure, there will be a generation that never witnessed anything, but if your team has multiple titles in less than a 30 year period, you're already guaranteed to be doing better than most.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:56 PM   #20
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
NHL 2021 Offseason

Quote:
Detroit Red Wings: 6th best odds to get the #1 pick. Lottery draw: 6th overall pick.

The Pistons and the Wings absolutely never out-draw their statistical draft order. I think it's literally never happened for either squad.

It's going to be another decade before any team from Detroit contends for a title.

Yzerman will get them back on track soon anyways, probably tank again this year to try and get Wright while using their cap space to load up draft picks.

Avs had the best odds to pick 1st twice in 3 years and fell to 4th both of those times. I got no sympathy either.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Honestly I'm just happy we didn't move down... like every other year since the rebuild began. I don't think a Detroit team has ever won (or even moved up in) a draft lottery before.

That said, I don't think this is a draft where it was a must win (unlike last year grrr). With the way the scouting is this year, we could get someone at 6 nearly as good as someone in the top 2.
Agreed. And you just know if it ever does happen for the Wings or Pistons, it will be a year when the #1 overall is like an Alexandre Daigle or Anthony Bennett.

Quote:
Totally understand; not looking for sympathy, just complaining out loud since it's all I can do. I mean, what am I gonna do? Keep it to myself?

Although, why have you sold out your fellow Michiganders? Minnesota Wild, Green Bay Packers.....I never understood you Yoopers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I have 0 sympathy for the franchises who've had a lifetime of titles and then struggle.

Sure, there will be a generation that never witnessed anything, but if your team has multiple titles in less than a 30 year period, you're already guaranteed to be doing better than most.
Yes, but keep in mind, being a Wings fan also means you are (most likely) a Lions fan. So it sort of all balances out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
Yzerman will get them back on track soon anyways, probably tank again this year to try and get Wright while using their cap space to load up draft picks.
"Professional sports teams do not tank." [/end PR BS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
Avs had the best odds to pick 1st twice in 3 years and fell to 4th both of those times. I got no sympathy either.
Yes, but the Avs are a vile hive of miscreants and felons, so that is entirely just.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2021, 07:42 PM   #22
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

There was the whole Dead Wings era where they didn't win a cup for 42 years (and 29 years between finals appearances). Plus as stated above, the whole Lions fan thing.

I can understand the Yoopers and the Packers. The Wild though? There's got to be a story behind that one.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #23
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
NHL 2021 Offseason

Quote:
Although, why have you sold out your fellow Michiganders? Minnesota Wild, Green Bay Packers.....I never understood you Yoopers....

)

Ha where do I start. First of all, I’m a Bears fan. When I was a kid (born 81) I flocked to Chicago teams. They were good and cool. MJ, Jim McMahon, Roenick.

My dad’s a Packers fan and my mom’s a Lions fan (she grew up in Walled Lake). So that’s always interesting.

When I moved here, I hadn’t really watched baseball so I took on the Twins. Then at that time the Hawks ownership was absolute clown shoes, so I took on the Wild when they started.

The UP is weird for sports. Obviously Packers are huge because GB is closer than any city with a team. Lots of Lions fans. Lots of Cubs fans because WGN was available over the air in the summer. Lots of Brewers fans. And lots of Tigers fans.

We can kind of pick and choose.

The only thing my family agrees on is the Wolverines lol
Old 06-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
The only thing my family agrees on is the Wolverines lol
Hopefully the agreement is in hating them (!).

I think the actual NHL draft is end of July or something? Pretty close (if not overlapping) with the NBA draft. Not that it matters, but it's looking like late July will be draft-a-thon for sports fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »