Home

Cool, Unique, Realistic Fantasy League, looking for serious players

This is a discussion on Cool, Unique, Realistic Fantasy League, looking for serious players within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool, Unique, Realistic Fantasy League, looking for serious players

Hey, being caught up with school, work, and fantasy football, I missed the start of the fantasy hockey. Recently I started up a league with a few friends. Being late, its been tough to get people. I made the league public but its been tough to get people, likely due to its unconventional scoring system and low number of players. I have 3 members currently with a few friends that have yet to sign up. I'm hoping to get 8-12. I'm sure people will snowball in as more people join. No one wants to join a 3 person league. But we'll have at least 6 or so guaranteed. With just a few more unexpected players we could have a nice league with a system I find innovative and more realistic. Sure, you'll see the goalies get extremely fluctuating numbers of points positive and negative, but with a full three lines, just as in real life you'll have the opportunity to make up for bad goaltending by upping the scoring. If you're missing either element, you're pretty screwed, just as in real life. Check it out. I could use some smart people who won't quit midway through. The more competitive the individuals, the more competetive and fun the league will get.

Here's the set-up:

C: 3
LW: 2
RW: 2
F: 2
D: 6
G: 1
IR: 1
Bench: 6

Goals: 4 points
Assists: 3
+/-: 2
GWG: 2
F-O W: .5
F-O L: -.5
Hits: .5
Blocks: .5

GOALIES, where it varies from most leagues, putting a lot of pressure on the (usually) most important man on the ice. Despite the extreme points given and taken from goalies, with three full lines of players, you have plenty of guys to pick up the slack.

Wins: 1
Losses: -1
GA: -10
Saves: 1

I encourage anyone who knows their stuff or is looking for a fresh challenge to check it out.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/mcgonice
ID: 88220
password (if neccessary): mcgibblet

If for whatever reason you can't join or have any questions, just post em.

Thanks, hope to be playing a fun year of fantasy hockey with some of you.

Last edited by BuzzKardzrool; 10-21-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »