Home

Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

A Pacific Coast rivalry is the match-up for this week's primetime showdown.

At 4-2, the Seahawks are coming off of a huge 24-23 comeback victory over the New England Patriots. Russell Wilson had the best game of his career in that game, going 17-26, with 293 yds, & 3 TD's. The offense continues to improve game-after-game. Although Marshawn Lynch was largely quiet Sunday, he still remains a top-5 rusher, and looks to get back on track. However, he's going up against a tough Niners D.

On the other side of the ball, the Hawks have to get back to their stifling ways on defense, as they nearly gave up 500 yards of offense to NE. That being said, they did intercept Tom Brady twice, and stiffened up when they needed to. They need to play hard against a streaky Niners offense with a tough, balanced rushing attack.

Also at 4-2, the Niners are coming off of a 26-3 man-handling by the New York Giants. At one point considered approaching "elite" status (by certain pundits), QB Alex Smith looked like the pre-Harbaugh Alex Smith of old, throwing 3 picks. The running game was abandoned early as well, even though Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter were both averaging over 4 yards per carry. Their defense looked overmatched, giving up big plays to Ahmad Bradshaw, Domenik Hixon, & Victor Cruz.

That said, they remain an elite defense, and if anyone can stop the Lynch-led Hawks offense, it's them. However, it has appeared that Wilson has arrived, and they will have to contain him, as he can be an ex-factor. On offense, Alex Smith has to limit his turnovers like he did in the 4 wins, as this Hawks secondary is opportunistic. They also need to rush the ball very well, and to do so, they must not let Red Bryant & Brandon Mebane control the LOS, which will free up KJ Wright & Bobby Wagner to make tackles in the backfield.

This game has HUGE implications, as a win for either team will give them a 1-game lead in the toughest division in the NFL, the NFC West.

Will the 49ers get back to playing like the best team in the league? Or will the Seahawks force the rest of the league to acknowledge their talent?

SOUND-OFF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

9ers by a lot.

* Just continuing doubting the Seahawks. I will make it a habit to post that they will lose by a lot in every game thread.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
9ers by a lot.

* Just continuing doubting the Seahawks. I will make it a habit to post that they will lose by a lot in every game thread.
Lol, SURELY YOU JEST!!!

No, it's cool. A lot of people are doubting us, even now. Makes the wins feel even better...
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Lol, SURELY YOU JEST!!!

No, it's cool. A lot of people are doubting us, even now. Makes the wins feel even better...
Honestly, yes. I'm still not sold entirely on the team as a whole being a huge threat this season, but they will obviously not only be in every game but be able to win as well.

The defense will keep them in and just hope the offense makes enough plays. They remind me a lot of Rutgers this year in college. We have an inconsistent offense that's capable of putting forth good games, but it's our defense that's not only keeping us in games, but winning some as well.

An average defense and Seattle loses yesterday.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I do think 9ers win this game, but it won't be by a lot. It'll be a game in the teens most likely or 20 tops. Both teams want to play defense and pound the rock.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

CelticPride17's Arena

OVR: 9

As I saw on some website this morning, so far the only thing the Seahawks have done this season is beat Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, and Tom Brady. I feel good about the 'Hawks in this game. I'll take them by a FG, TD at most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I think it'll be another good game. Both matchups last year were close. First game ended 33-17, but it was 19-17 with about 4 minutes left in the 4th before Ted Ginn had a KR and PR TD. Second game ended at 19-17. I'm confident the Seahawks can keep it close like they have all year, and pull out a victory. Being on the road though on a short week will be tough. It's going to be an awesome, physical game to watch and is a huge test for the Seahawks.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Dear Pete,

Please don't kick it to Ginn this time.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If they trot Alex Smith out there in his current condition: Seahawks 27-13