Home

I say the Colts should let Manning go

This is a discussion on I say the Colts should let Manning go within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
I say the Colts should let Manning go

I know that I will catch major flack from the "Peyton is God" fans out there, but if you are a true Colts fan (many are just riding the gravy train of supporting a winner), then you probably understand that a team is still a team and not just one player.

I can remember sitting in the nose bleeds of the Hoosier Dome and watching Eugene Daniel run a pick back for six, Eric Dickerson saying "I'm a winner on a losers team", or the "GOOOOOOSE" chants roar out from the crowd after Tony Siragusa got to the QB. Now I know those teams weren't the best teams, but some of us Colts fans have this...................How should I say? "Realistic perspective of how a team actually wins"!

So now I get to the point of this rant. Irsay wants to make Peyton Manning the highest paid player in NFL (25 million per season). If you pay an aging QB (35 yrs old), who has been having health issues (neck surgeries x2), and has choked more times then Bob Knight at a freshman practice, then you are a lost cause. Peyton is not bigger than the franchise, but I guess the Owner seems to think so. It saddens me to see my beloved Colts sink to these depths. We could be building for the future. We could be making more free agent acquisitions, but instead we have relied too heavily on one player.

Peyton Manning is and will be one of the greatest QBs ever, but as a Colts fan I am far too invested to my team then any one player, and if the organization would get it's head out from behind one player, then we might be a team to be reckoned with for years to come, but if we cave in on such high demands then we will be left with another one man team.

Sorry Manning fans, but it had to be said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Re: I say the Coltts let Manning go!!!

As you can see my anger came out in the threads title.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

So would you like them to trade Reggie Wayne too and just say **** it?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Personally, I'd rather them invest all that money into building a competent and at least decent Defense than have to give him $25 Mil and not have any cap space to improve the rest of the team, especially when you're going to have to starting building for the post-Peyton era eventually.

I mean yea, it's a very, very good possibility that you might suck for a couple of years, but can you honestly get any better than what you are right now, which is really a team good enough to get the Wild Card but not do nothing much else?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

And who are you going to get to replace him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
So would you like them to trade Reggie Wayne too and just say **** it?
I say they at least try going in another direction. Look, at some point you have to accept that the good times are gone and move on before it's too late. SF did it in the early 90's, and the Packers did it three years ago. So why can't the Colts?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
The Senator

buckeye02's Arena

OVR: 31

Im not a Colts fan or a Peyton Manning fan, but you're about to catch some flack from me.

You do realize that Without Peyton the Colts are outside looking in on the playoffs. You're, i dont want to say complaining because that doesnt seem like the right word. Think of the people who wish they could post something like this. Think of the Cleveland Browns fans of the world. If they had Peyton Manning do you think they would want to trade or release him? I think you and other Colts fans that feel this way have been spoiled over the years. When Peyton leaves/retires from the Colts, then you will be missing him. Don't know what you got til its gone.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

with the style of defense they play they just need to pay Mathis and Freeney
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »