Home

2010 NFL Draft Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 NFL Draft Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #1

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
2010 NFL Draft Thread

Lets use this thread for all draft talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Figured I'd throw my 1st ever mock draft out there to see what you guys think!

Wazzup36's 2010 NFL Mock Draft V.01
1. Rams – Sam Bradford, QB, and Oklahoma – Bradford is providing that he is healthy and worthy of the number 1 pick.

2. Lions – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Jim Schwartz has stated that Defense is his biggest concern, what better way to fill that concern than with the best DT in recent memory.

3. Bucs – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma – Tampa Bay might lose the Suh sweepstakes, but McCoy is a more than capable alterative. He will be their new Warren Sapp.
4. Redskins – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State – I think Jason Campbell will get one more year to prove he’s a starter, and with the unfortunate retirement of Chris Samuels, the Redskins have a huge need here.

5. Chiefs – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee – The chiefs have a huge hole at Safety; the Chiefs will not pass up Berry.

6. Seahawks – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa – Missing out on Okung, the Seahawks will need someone to protect Hasselbeck/Whitehurst.

7. Browns – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech – Jake Delhomme gives them a stopgap for at least one more year and they lacked a quality pass rusher last season.

8. Raiders – Bruce Campbell, OL, Maryland – Big surprise that the 1st reach in the draft goes to Al Davis. Campbell’s size, speed and upside will be too much for the Raiders to pass up.

9. Bills – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame – Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brain Brohm… The Bills need a QB.
10. Jags – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida – Possibly the most upside of anyone in the draft. Jack Del Rio loves his defense and he lacked a pass rush last season. A defense with Kampman and Pierre-Paul is scary.
11. Broncos – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State – Even if Marshall isn’t traded, the Broncos need a quality receiver for Orton. Question is will they have a problem with two high-maintenance WR’s on their team?
12. Dolphins – Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee – Jason Ferguson is old and will miss the 1st 8 games because he loves steroids, Williams will be able to fill that hole at DT and is the likely successor to Ferguson.
13. 49er’s – Joe Haden, CB, Florida – They need a starter to go along with Shawntae Spencer since it’s obvious that Nate Clemons is a shell of his former self.
14. Seahawks – CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson – Pete Carroll will want to have an exciting offense, what better way to do that then with the biggest homerun hitter in the draft. Also, the Seahawks just CAN’T go through another season with Julius Jones as their go-to-guy.
15. Giants – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama – Antonio Pearce’s release leaves a big hole not only in the lineup, but also in the locker room. McClain is the player and leader that the Giants will need.
16. Titans – Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas – With the loss of Vanden Bosch, the Titans will need someone who can rush the passer and tackle.
17. 49er’s – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma – The 49ers are committed to drafting the best player on the board usually and Williams is that player. Not only that, but he fills a need for them whilst they wait to draft a QB next season.
18. Steelers –Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho – The Steelers faded away from their style of smash mouth football last season in favor of the pass. I think they’ll get back to that this year with the pick of Iupati who can play anywhere on the line.
19. Falcons – Everson Griffin, DE, USC – The Falcons addressed their need for a CB by snatching up Dunta Robinson in Free Agency. Now they must address their pass rush.
20. Texans – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State – Failing to resign Dunta Robinson leaves a hole at CB and with Haden off the board, Wilson is the best CB available.
21. Bengals – Earl Thomas, S, Texas – I feel they addressed their offensive concerns with the addition of the undervalued Antonio Bryant, so the Bengals will be more than happy to get the best defensive player available here.
22. Patriots – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan – He is Lamarr Woodley and the Pats need an answer at OLB because Banta-Cain is not an everyday starter.
23. Packers – Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers – Aaron Rogers was on his *** way too much last season, which I feel led to the Packers not reaching their potential. Davis has some question marks surrounding him, but he is a terrific pass blocker and is just what the Packers need.
24. Eagles – Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Missouri – To put it simply, the Eagles Linebackers just aren’t very good. They are solidified on offense but lack a linebacker that can get after the passer and help free up Trent Cole.
25. Ravens – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma – With the addition of Boldin, the Ravens are a scary team. Gresham makes them even scarier.
26. Cardinals – Charles Brown, OT, USC – The Cards feel Joey Porter could be the OLB they need and that opens up this pick for them to draft a capable OT to protect Matt Leinart. Brown offers great value here.
27. Cowboys – Taylor Mays, S, USC – The Boy’s need a Tackle, and Brandon Price might be hard to pass up, but Mays’ upside might be even harder to pass up.
28. Chargers - Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State – They resigned Darren Sproles but lost LT. Sproles doesn’t appear to be an every down back, so Mathews would be a good fit here to spell him.
29. Jets – Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame – With the uncertain hands of Braylon Edwards, the Jets need a WR that can play. Tate impresses everyone with his speed, but his separation ability makes him a terrific slot receiver.
30. Vikings – Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers – The injury to Cedric Griffin and with Antoine Winfield’s age catching up to him, the Vikings are in need a CB. He would make the most sense here for the Vikes.
31. Colts – Brandon Price, DT, UCLA – The Colts need to get younger on Defense and also sure up their D-line. Price can do both.
32. Saints – Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU – Steal? Scott Fujita left to go play for the Browns, so the Saints should be the market for a replacement and Hughes could fit in very nicely for the Champs.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I love how one rumor started by McShay is hurting another Rutgers player. Saying Anthony Davis is lazy and out of shape. He came into camp over weight last season because he had an injury and was unable to workout to stay in shape. Combine this with McShay going off on Kenny Britt last year saying he was a primadonna and took plays off. I'm sorry last time I checked he was under contract unlike a certain WR for most of the season.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Once again, if ET is still on the board at 20, the Texans will take him, although I do like Wilson there.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup36
Figured I'd throw my 1st ever mock draft out there to see what you guys think!

Wazzup36's 2010 NFL Mock Draft V.01

1. Rams – Sam Bradford, QB, and Oklahoma – Bradford is providing that he is healthy and worthy of the number 1 pick.

2. Lions – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Jim Schwartz has stated that Defense is his biggest concern, what better way to fill that concern than with the best DT in recent memory.

3. Bucs – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma – Tampa Bay might lose the Suh sweepstakes, but McCoy is a more than capable alterative. He will be their new Warren Sapp.
4. Redskins – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State – I think Jason Campbell will get one more year to prove he’s a starter, and with the unfortunate retirement of Chris Samuels, the Redskins have a huge need here.

5. Chiefs – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee – The chiefs have a huge hole at Safety; the Chiefs will not pass up Berry.

6. Seahawks – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa – Missing out on Okung, the Seahawks will need someone to protect Hasselbeck/Whitehurst.

7. Browns – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech – Jake Delhomme gives them a stopgap for at least one more year and they lacked a quality pass rusher last season.

8. Raiders – Bruce Campbell, OL, Maryland – Big surprise that the 1st reach in the draft goes to Al Davis. Campbell’s size, speed and upside will be too much for the Raiders to pass up.

9. Bills – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame – Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brain Brohm… The Bills need a QB.

10. Jags – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida – Possibly the most upside of anyone in the draft. Jack Del Rio loves his defense and he lacked a pass rush last season. A defense with Kampman and Pierre-Paul is scary.

11. Broncos – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State – Even if Marshall isn’t traded, the Broncos need a quality receiver for Orton. Question is will they have a problem with two high-maintenance WR’s on their team?

12. Dolphins – Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee – Jason Ferguson is old and will miss the 1st 8 games because he loves steroids, Williams will be able to fill that hole at DT and is the likely successor to Ferguson.

13. 49er’s – Joe Haden, CB, Florida – They need a starter to go along with Shawntae Spencer since it’s obvious that Nate Clemons is a shell of his former self.

14. Seahawks – CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson – Pete Carroll will want to have an exciting offense, what better way to do that then with the biggest homerun hitter in the draft. Also, the Seahawks just CAN’T go through another season with Julius Jones as their go-to-guy.

15. Giants – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama – Antonio Pearce’s release leaves a big hole not only in the lineup, but also in the locker room. McClain is the player and leader that the Giants will need.

16. Titans – Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas – With the loss of Vanden Bosch, the Titans will need someone who can rush the passer and tackle.

17. 49er’s – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma – The 49ers are committed to drafting the best player on the board usually and Williams is that player. Not only that, but he fills a need for them whilst they wait to draft a QB next season.

18. Steelers –Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho – The Steelers faded away from their style of smash mouth football last season in favor of the pass. I think they’ll get back to that this year with the pick of Iupati who can play anywhere on the line.

19. Falcons – Everson Griffin, DE, USC – The Falcons addressed their need for a CB by snatching up Dunta Robinson in Free Agency. Now they must address their pass rush.

20. Texans – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State – Failing to resign Dunta Robinson leaves a hole at CB and with Haden off the board, Wilson is the best CB available.

21. Bengals – Earl Thomas, S, Texas – I feel they addressed their offensive concerns with the addition of the undervalued Antonio Bryant, so the Bengals will be more than happy to get the best defensive player available here.

22. Patriots – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan – He is Lamarr Woodley and the Pats need an answer at OLB because Banta-Cain is not an everyday starter.

23. Packers – Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers – Aaron Rogers was on his *** way too much last season, which I feel led to the Packers not reaching their potential. Davis has some question marks surrounding him, but he is a terrific pass blocker and is just what the Packers need.

24. Eagles – Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Missouri – To put it simply, the Eagles Linebackers just aren’t very good. They are solidified on offense but lack a linebacker that can get after the passer and help free up Trent Cole.

25. Ravens – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma – With the addition of Boldin, the Ravens are a scary team. Gresham makes them even scarier.

26. Cardinals – Charles Brown, OT, USC – The Cards feel Joey Porter could be the OLB they need and that opens up this pick for them to draft a capable OT to protect Matt Leinart. Brown offers great value here.

27. Cowboys – Taylor Mays, S, USC – The Boy’s need a Tackle, and Brandon Price might be hard to pass up, but Mays’ upside might be even harder to pass up.

28. Chargers - Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State – They resigned Darren Sproles but lost LT. Sproles doesn’t appear to be an every down back, so Mathews would be a good fit here to spell him.

29. Jets – Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame – With the uncertain hands of Braylon Edwards, the Jets need a WR that can play. Tate impresses everyone with his speed, but his separation ability makes him a terrific slot receiver.

30. Vikings – Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers – The injury to Cedric Griffin and with Antoine Winfield’s age catching up to him, the Vikings are in need a CB. He would make the most sense here for the Vikes.

31. Colts – Brandon Price, DT, UCLA – The Colts need to get younger on Defense and also sure up their D-line. Price can do both.

32. Saints – Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU – Steal? Scott Fujita left to go play for the Browns, so the Saints should be the market for a replacement and Hughes could fit in very nicely for the Champs.
Oh wow@ pick number 11...I dont know that young coach Josh Mcdaniels can handle two high maintenance receivers...sounds like you could have a T.O.-Mcnabb situation going on (except for two receivers involved instead of a Qb and WR.)

I like that pic though, if Marshall is traded. Otherwise, I would hope san fran gets Golden Tate.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
Oh wow@ pick number 11...I dont know that young coach Josh Mcdaniels can handle two high maintenance receivers...sounds like you could have a T.O.-Mcnabb situation going on (except for two receivers involved instead of a Qb and WR.)

I like that pic though, if Marshall is traded. Otherwise, I would hope san fran gets Golden Tate.
The TO/McNabb "problem" was that TO is an in your face type of guy and McNabb's more passive for lack of a better word. This would be different. If anything, Marshall would represent a bad role model for the young WR or it'd just be an issue trying to keep both under control. That's if you believe that Marshall is a huge problem which I think has been a bit overblown.

Either way, I think if Marshall stays he'll resign to a long term deal, making the need for a WR secondary. Lets not forget, they have Royal who's pretty good himself.

If they trade Marshall, they'll get at least another first round pick which could make taking a WR at that spot make a bit more sense.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The TO/McNabb "problem" was that TO is an in your face type of guy and McNabb's more passive for lack of a better word. This would be different. If anything, Marshall would represent a bad role model for the young WR or it'd just be an issue trying to keep both under control. That's if you believe that Marshall is a huge problem which I think has been a bit overblown.
I think it will be like when the Vikings drafted Randy Moss with Cris Carter but with Randy Moss drafted first and supposed to mentor Cris. If they take him, and I'm not saying they will
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I'd say there is about a 10% chance the Browns take Morgan at #7.

So far, it looks like it's:

Trade up for Bradford
Berry
Haden
Trade down.

BTW, at the end of the year, they had multiple people who were putting pressure on the QB, especially Matt Roth.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »