Home

Kobe Bryant 2014-15

This is a discussion on Kobe Bryant 2014-15 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Rookie

RagazzoKobe's Arena

OVR: 0
Kobe Bryant 2014-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6StMmPaVGDg

I know it's early but Kobe had some really spectacular plays, he's always been hard to deal with but at the same time his game really has something that makes you wanna watch every Lakers game. I know he isn't efficient in terms of shooting but this is probably the worst team he has ever had.

What do you think about him as a part of these new Lakers. He is obviously still a great player but this team can't really do something with but even less without him. Should he just enjoy the freedom he has as a player in lottery team and try to score as much as possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Kobe Bryant 2014-15

He should try to get others involved and not jack up anything the first chance he gets but I have no problem with him taking most of the shots. Even at 36 he's still an elite scorer so as long as it's not holding the team back, he should go ahead and get his
Old 12-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

I can't really see myself calling Kobe a great player at this stage. I'd say he's serviceable. He's great at chucking though.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Kobe isn't a great player anymore. Hasn't been for 2-3 years now. There are various reasons why he still is able to score at his advanced age (albeit at a extremely inefficient clip), but there is no point rehashing that discussion.

He's playing on borrowed time at this point.

If he was playing on any team with playoff aspirations, his inefficiency would be indeed holding the team back, but seeing the Lakers are so abysmal he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

OP didn't know what he was getting into posting a Kobe Bryant thread in this forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Kobe isn't a great player anymore. Hasn't been for 2-3 years now. There are various reasons why he still is able to score at his advanced age (albeit at a extremely inefficient clip), but there is no point rehashing that discussion.

He's playing on borrowed time at this point.

If he was playing on any team with playoff aspirations, his inefficiency would be indeed holding the team back, but seeing the Lakers are so abysmal he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.

Yeah up in till last season he was still a top 3 player in the League. In the 2012-2013 season he averaged a carrier high of like 6 assest a game and shoot a little higher then normal FG % but now being a few years later and with those 2 big injures he is not the same. I cant say a guy is playing at a high level when he is shooting 38% form the field plus he is not the defender he used to be. Kobe is not playing at an all star let alone a super star level this year so far. Yes he is averaging a lot of points but a lot of guys could score a lot if they where shooting the ball has much has kobe has been.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #7
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
OP didn't know what he was getting into posting a Kobe Bryant thread in this forum
Very true story.

Good luck OP.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

No wonder nobody wants to team up with Kobe after what he said about the team today. He cares only of himself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »