Home

is kobe done?

This is a discussion on is kobe done? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: is kobe bryant done now?
yes kobe's carrer is over 7 10.77%
no he will come back storng 22 33.85%
no he will come back but he wont be the same great player anymore 36 55.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
is kobe done?

I cant believe what happened tonight. I have grown up watching kobe for most of my life and I fell like crying and I am felling sick now god I hope this is not the end of is great carrer. I know the lakers where not doing good this year but I think a lot of it was bad luck with injures I don't think this team was to fair form being a championship team if they where healthy and I thought the lakers could find a way to come back strong next year and that they could win another championship before he retires has he was still playing at a very high level and I thought he had 3 years or so left before this and was hoping he could even maybe just maybe break the nba all time scoring record. I just hope that this isn't the way his carrer ends and that he can come back strong next year but I think this could be it or that he will never be the same again. So I was just woundering how many people think this is it or can he come back strong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: is kobe done?

By the time he's back, he'll be around 36 years old, anyways, so I think there's little chance he'll be the player he was, regardless of the injury.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

As of right now the only diagnosis I've seen is a probable Achilles tear. Tomorrow the MRI might show nothing...
Old 04-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

We aren't discussing the real issue. How about LeBron? If he had the exact same injury, whose team would be affected more?

Also, this was my failed attempt at making sure this turns into another comparison thread lol.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 04-13-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

this is a sad day for basketball , it sucks to know i may have watched the mamba for the last time on this day. i just pray and hope that it is not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
Rookie

jarod43's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I cant believe what happened tonight. I have grown up watching kobe for most of my life and I fell like crying and I am felling sick now god I hope this is not the end of is great carrer. I know the lakers where not doing good this year but I think a lot of it was bad luck with injures I don't think this team was to fair form being a championship team if they where healthy and I thought the lakers could find a way to come back strong next year and that they could win another championship before he retires has he was still playing at a very high level and I thought he had 3 years or so left before this and was hoping he could even maybe just maybe break the nba all time scoring record. I just hope that this isn't the way his carrer ends and that he can come back strong next year but I think this could be it or that he will never be the same again. So I was just woundering how many people think this is it or can he come back strong?
Couldn't have said it better myself, I really pray he comes back and try to play. Even if he is not 100%, I want him to come back.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
I watched all 80 games this year. Kobe played at an unprecedented level for his age. Every game he strapped that team on his back as they marched toward a playoff run. During each game the last two months I thought their season was over but somehow Kobe would will them to wins that were seemingly impossible. As soon as he went down, I knew what had happened. I hope he can come back and remains a Laker. I don't normally care about professional athletes but a great career like his should not end this way.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

He's too stubborn and arrogant to retire from an injury in the midst of a battle for the EIGHTH SEED.

C'mon, man, Kobe ain't like that.

We all know that Kobe wants to go out on top, not fighting on life support, then suffering an injury that he can rehabilitate in the offseason and come back early in the season next year.

This may sound horrible, but with him and Nash out, I don't see LA winning out with just Dwight and Pau. The door is wide open for Utah and I hope we take it.

Just goes to show that a man his age should not be playing all the minutes he has played this year night in and night out. Fatigue caught up to him and bit him hard.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »