Home

Top-10 Players in the NBA

This is a discussion on Top-10 Players in the NBA within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Top-10 Players in the NBA

I just wanted to make a thread to see other people's opinions on who the top-10 players in the NBA are. So just give a list and, if you feel like it, leave a reason next to each listed player. Let's keep it nice and clean and have some fun.

1. LeBron James (Not the best, but the most versatile player in the history of the game, simply dominant. The best when it comes to today's game though.)

2. Dwyane Wade (Next to LeBron he is the most versatile player in the NBA, except is a better scorer but not as good in rebounding or passing as LeBron.)

3. Dwight Howard (The most dominant traditional big-man in the game today. Fantastic defensive player.)

4. Chris Paul (Runs a team like hardly anyone else has been able to in the history of the game. He has incredible leadership skills, now if only he had talent and a fan base to share that with.)

5. Kobe Bryant (Only this low because age has slowed him down a bit as was shown in the playoffs. Still a dominant offensive player and an incredible defensive player, but he shoots too many jumpers now for my liking and he just isn't a great shooter.)

6. Dirk Nowitzki (His offense is just so good it makes up for his iffy defense at times. Can make a jumper from anywhere inside the half-court line, contested or not, and has finally learned how to take it all the way to the rim.)

7. Derrick Rose (He finally grew on me in the playoffs as he showed his stuff and showed how great of a leader is. Needs serious work on his shooting, defense, and conditioning though, but I believe he is the best leader at this young of an age in the history of the game other than MJ and Russell.)

8. Kevin Durant (Other than Dirk, the best scorer in the game, while also maintaining a defensive mindset, though his defense and ball-handling still needs work.)

9. Deron Williams (Good shooter, passer, leader, defender, and an all-around extremely solid player, does everything very well. Just not that great at anything though, which is why he is #9 for me.)

10. Russell Westbrook (Bad shooter and has terrible shot selection, just not a true point guard. But what he does do well, he does extremely well. He drives to the rim and finishes very well, is as intense as anyone in the league on the defensive end of the floor, and demands more out of himself and his teammates night in and night out. Still needs to grow out of the bad shot selection phase, but there is no doubt this man is a top-10 player in the NBA.)

Honorable Mentions: Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Steve Nash, and Rajon Rondo.

Last edited by Freak123; 07-24-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Top-10 Players in the NBA

Insert TDK Joker gif

Russell WB
Old 07-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Right now?

1. Dirk
2. Wade
3. LeBron
4. Howard
5. Durant
6. Kobe
7. Paul
8. Rose
9. Amare
10. Williams/Nash

....without much thought put into it, because top 10 lists are pretty whatever.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Melo has to be top 10 with Amare

Deron Williams and Nash fall out to join Gasol, Randolph, Westbrook etc etc
Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Eh, I don't care much for Carmelo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

1. LeBron
2. Howard
3. Wade
4. Dirk
5. Durant
6. Paul
7. Kobe
8. Rose
9. Melo
10. Amare

It's hard because all these players are so close to each other in terms of skills, that even though Durant is #5, and Melo is #9. They are almost just as good as each other, with durant being slightly better IMO.

The difference from #1 to #10 is minimal.

Later today I'll rank them using the system thing I developed and see how that turns out...
Old 07-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

1. LeBron James- As much as I hate to admit it after just quiting like he did he's still the best right now.

2. Chris Paul- Sure you can say it's the homer pick, but he showed just how elite he is when healthy.

3. Dwayne Wade- Just gets it done on both ends

4. Dwight Howard- Still needs some improvement offensively

5. Kobe Bryant- Still top 5, but declining.

6. Dirk Nowitzski- Mental toughness no longer a question, defense improved just not enough to be top 5 IMO.

7. Carmelo Anthony- Has top 3 talent. Maybe the best scorer in the league now that Kobe's aging. Not enough consistent effort.

8. Kevin Durant- Has to get better defensively and stronger. Scoring potential unlimited.

9. Derrick Rose- More experience alone should have him in the top 3 in a few years. Needs to work on defense.

10. Amare Stoudmire- Showed he was his own man this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

1A) LeBron
1B) Dirk
1C) Wade

4) Kobe Bryant
5) Dwight Howard
6) Kevin Durant
7) Chris Paul