Home

Pre-Season NBA, worth it?

This is a discussion on Pre-Season NBA, worth it? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pre-Season NBA, worth it?

Hey guys, pro basketball is the only sports I've never seen live in my life. I live in Montreal so it's kinda hard to just go see a game.

In October, we're getting a pre-season game between the Raptors and the Knicks in Montreal. I don't have a deep knowledge of the NBA so I don't know if it's a game that could be worth going to. I was told by a couple of guys that pre-season NBA is dreadful (pretty sure these guys know nothing about basketball though). So what do you guys think? Is it worth the money? Last time we had the NBA in Montreal was in 1990 so it really feels like a can't miss to me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Pre-Season NBA, worth it?

Preseason Raptors vs. Knicks is definitely not worth the money.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Yea I'm sure it's not that good, but the Knicks-Celtics are coming to Hartford, so I figure I might as well go.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

I think if you're at all interested, it's worth the trip/ticket. It is preseason but there are season & post-season duds as well in every sport. I like to believe players of a certain level will be competitive regardless of a game's significance.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Speaking of which, I'm at Syracuse University and the TWolves and Pistons are coming to the Carrier Dome, meaning Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson are coming back to Syracuse. You think they'll play? The Cavs came to my hometown a few years ago and everyone went to see LeBron and he never went in the game. He just turned around and waved to the fans gave them a thumbs up and stuff and would act like he was about to go into the game and then sit back down just to screw with them.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Speaking of which, I'm at Syracuse University and the TWolves and Pistons are coming to the Carrier Dome, meaning Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson are coming back to Syracuse. You think they'll play? The Cavs came to my hometown a few years ago and everyone went to see LeBron and he never went in the game. He just turned around and waved to the fans gave them a thumbs up and stuff and would act like he was about to go into the game and then sit back down just to screw with them.
Yeah Flynn and Johnson should play. Usually rookies and 2nd year guys tend to play preseason to try and get some chemistry going. Most vets don't play a lot if at all because they are more established and coaches know what to expect from them. I went to VCU and the wizards are always there.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Yeah Flynn and Johnson should play. Usually rookies and 2nd year guys tend to play preseason to try and get some chemistry going. Most vets don't play a lot if at all because they are more established and coaches know what to expect from them. I went to VCU and the wizards are always there.
Alright, sounds cool. I've always loved basketball but I grew up in Rochester, NY so I never got a chance to really see it in person besides a couple Cuse games (like the one where everyone stormed the court twice against Pittsburgh), so going to Syracuse is like a dream come true. It's gonna be amazing getting to see them play all the time, and the pick up games are pretty intense here too. But anyway, I think I'll pick up a ticket for the game now that I know I'll get to see Flynn and Johnson probably play. There's a lot of young guys on the Pistons that I'll enjoy seeing too.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 14

I'd say go since it probably won't be there again for a while but it's the Knicks and Raptors. Maybe if it was another two teams but neither of them aren't good.

Los Angeles Lakers

"I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot."---Kobe Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »