Home

AI would rather retire than come off the bench?

This is a discussion on AI would rather retire than come off the bench? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
AI would rather retire than come off the bench?

Quote:
Allen Iverson has been coming off the bench for Detroit over the last three games while he comes back from injury, but if he had to do it long term he has revealed that he would rather retire, the Associated Press is reporting.

Iverson complained about his minutes on Tuesday after playing 18 against Cleveland. He admitted that he does not like the new role after playing 17 in a 111-98 loss to the Nets on Wednesday.

"I'm in a position now that I've never been in my whole life," Iverson said. "It's harder than I thought it would be. With the back injury, I have to sit out at the start, then go in, then sit again. It's tough to really get going. I take my hat off to the guys who can come off the bench and be effective. It's tough for me. I'm struggling with it."

"I'd rather retire before I do this again," Iverson said. "I can't be effective playing this way. I'm not used to it. It's tough for me both mentally and physically. If I'm able to go out there, I should be able to get it done and I can't right now. It's my fault. I have to be able to overcome the adversity and do what I have to do. I just have to find a way to get it done. Not being 100 percent makes it harder and you can see that I'm not 100 percent."

Im sure the title is emphasized but anyhow here's the story... who could use a new starter next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: AI would rather retire than come off the bench?

Iverson should go West. The East has his number and his halfcourt game isn't as it used to be.

But if he wants a ring, he has to deal with the fact that he isn't a Premier Scorer anymore and accept any role given to him.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I still dont see why he cant come off the bench and "do what he does"... i mean playing 18 minutes was probably due to him being injured, but at the same time Megettmine (magette/satan) comes off the bench for us and gets liek 30mpg.

I dunno i think the coach doesnt like him basically, if he was on a team where he was wanted im sure he wouldnt care if he came off the bench at all.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Here's a link telling the same story as well as the exchance between the reporter & AI...

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800022806
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Hold up, wasn't it just a few days ago he said he would embrace the role or something to that extent?

As for what teams could use a new starter? Plenty of teams.

The real question is how many of them will be serious title contenders since I'm assuming that's where he'll want to go to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

+ =
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

LOL @ some of the comments in that link!!! I agree with them tho depsite some of the lack of NBA knowledge....

Sadly I really dont see Dumars firing Curry....Im still lost on why he fired Flip (did he fire LB too?) Im als lost on why Dumars passed on Melo & Wade(or is LB to blame?)
Old 04-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
(magette/satan)
Haha...

And yeah, he should just be playing more minutes -- he'd probably be okay with coming off the bench in a Manu-style 25+ minute role, but he's getting Will Bynum minutes... can't say I blame him for complaining.. he's better than 18 minutes per game, even at this advanced stage of his career. He had one of his best overall seasons in Denver last season, and was making some incredible plays... he's still got a lot left in the tank, and it's sad to see him reduced to a bit part when he has the potential to be a great spark for them in the playoffs. The Cleveland beat writer seemed to think that he was the only one giving a **** in that last game (I didn't see it), so it's clear that he is still exherting himself, he just isn't getting the burn.

Curry's rotations are strange to say the least... not Nellie-Scotch-Frenzy weird, but just confusing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »