Home

Old 05-12-2024, 04:03 PM   #19433
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Not gonna lie, thought they removed it. Went to a Phils/Reds game at CBP and didn’t even notice it. But at Blzer’s angle, yeah, it’s bad. Like sitting along the glass at a hockey game. Don’t realize it’s a visual impediment until you’re in that corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-12-2024, 04:06 PM   #19434
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree that what Blzr shared in that photo looks bad, but I’ll say that last summer my son and I went to Baltimore and Philly and I didn’t even notice them. It must be the angle/how it’s set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2024, 04:22 PM   #19435
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Been to a few games and it has never bothered me... I also never sit that far out. I hate outfield seats. You can't see the game anyway, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 05:14 PM   #19436
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Whiny toddlers with their fractured skulls and permanent brain injuries are to blame for the inconvenience.

**** them.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/astros...ry?id=79460039

I want to see my baseball and I don't care how many children die or get ****ed up. Selfish bastards.

/s

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #19437

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

It's definitely a question of what level of risk averse we want to be, and what is/what isn't acceptable. Clearly it's not on the level of seat belts in cars in terms of safety to a large number of people, but then again we are talking about something that is all entertainment/escapism and zero utility. There should be near zero give and take when it comes to measuring risk vs people being mad about their view of an entertainment product.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:33 PM   #19438
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Well before team's started extending netting further and farther down the line, they never should have let kids set in unprotected from netting seats. You can call me on BS too but back in the day and you let your kids sit in unprotected seats, that's bad parenting in my book. And even with the netting in place kids don't need to sit so close. I've seen enough little fingers holding netting get mashed by foul balls. **** parents who want their kids to sit at the adults table.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-13-2024, 06:48 PM   #19439
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Whiny toddlers with their fractured skulls and permanent brain injuries are to blame for the inconvenience.

**** them.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/astros...ry?id=79460039

I want to see my baseball and I don't care how many children die or get ****ed up. Selfish bastards.

/s

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
After the parents got that settlement, the kid should sue the parents for that money, for putting the child in harms way. That should be child neglect. And Almora was pretty shook up about the whole ordeal, he should have sued the parents too, for his own emotional distress and damages.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-13-2024, 07:01 PM   #19440
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Don't think it is dumb to get annoyed at this. You go to a game to be entertained and if there is something that significantly diminishes that experience then that's something could be addressed.

Did you get those seat at the last moment? Maybe those seats were available because they are considered "buyer beware", like when seats are clearly obstructed by a foul pole and whatnot. Maybe regular Giants fans already know that that's a bad angle and are seats to be avoided.

******** src="moz-extension://74e07901-b4a0-4869-b751-7c089b6e50af/js/app.js" type="text/javascript">

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »