Home

I freakin love the MLB Network

This is a discussion on I freakin love the MLB Network within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
I freakin love the MLB Network

Everything about it. It's my favorite channel on TV easily. The programming (Prime 9, 30 Clubs in 30 Days, Cathedrals of the Game etc.) is top notch. MLB Tonight is miles and miles ahead of Baseball Tonight. The analysts are great too. There isn't a guy on the channel that doesn't know a ton about baseball. Even Mitch Williams, who I figured would just kind of be a goofy idiot, has surprised me with his baseball insight and knowledge.

And the thing I like best? They actually talk about every club and show highlights of every club.

Quick story, I came home the other night from work and my girlfriend is sitting there watching the MLB Network. I almost proposed right there .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I freakin love the MLB Network

Great Network but they need to get Hazel Mae more airtime
Old 03-13-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Everything about it. It's my favorite channel on TV easily. The programming (Prime 9, 30 Clubs in 30 Days, Cathedrals of the Game etc.) is top notch. MLB Tonight is miles and miles ahead of Baseball Tonight. The analysts are great too. There isn't a guy on the channel that doesn't know a ton about baseball. Even Mitch Williams, who I figured would just kind of be a goofy idiot, has surprised me with his baseball insight and knowledge.

And the thing I like best? They actually talk about every club and show highlights of every club.

Quick story, I came home the other night from work and my girlfriend is sitting there watching the MLB Network. I almost proposed right there .
Love MLB Network too...now about this Mitch Williams comment...is that because he was a Philly, or looked like Billy Ray Cyrus circa 1992?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I love it too and they use the most clear HD camera's too their in house show are just beautiful to look at, they have great sets too. And they dont favor any one team, you get info about every team i love it!

NBA TV take note!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I only got a small taste of it when I was in NYC last summer but what I saw I absolutely LOVED! I'm going back in July but unfortunately it's for a wedding so I don't know how much time i'll actually be able to watch the TV. When I was there I saw a really great documentary from a few years ago about Ron Santo and his struggles with diabetes which was really uplifting in a lot of ways.

I also have to give props to their rebroadcasts of old games. Unlike the other sports networks they more or less show the games completely unedited or just edit out the most minor of things. It was nice that they showed a classic game involving the Jays sometime ago. ('85 ALCS Game 3)

Here's something you may not know, the MLB-N studios are the former studios of MSNBC.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

is peter gammons on MLB Network now? i just saw him on there and he seemed like a regular
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
is peter gammons on MLB Network now? i just saw him on there and he seemed like a regular
Yep he left ESPN to work for both MLBN as well as NESN.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

ive been wondering where he went! i do like buster onley but thats the only espn guy i like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »