Home

Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #601
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
If I was running the marketing team for JM16, I would be waiting for Madden to come out with their info first. As soon as Madden drops their info which brings a lot of hype and no substance (happens every year), Just come out with everything, franchise, gameplay, etc. If it's everything that The Post described, Madden would never recover.

Looking at mobile games that run the Unreal 4 engine such as Infinity Blade, it looks great for a mobile game. It doesn't compare to XB1 or PS4 so all these detailed scans wouldn't make sense. Taking a look at this mo-cap :https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B0g10sjCcAAePnA.mp4 Looks too good for gameplay..maybe a CGI intro video perhaps?
Madden doest typically announce features until May and really doesnt get detailed until around E3 in June. That may be too late to wait if you are trying to compete and release a game in July.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #602
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

This thread is still going? Omg
Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #603
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
This thread is still going? Omg
Not just still going - it cloned itself.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...der-wraps.html
Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #604
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

It's kind of viral now. Not massively, but certainly more buzz than before. The good side is, at least it's making more people aware as I see a lot of posts in other places saying how they didn't even know about the game at all before.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #605
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This thread is rather long so maybe I missed it but I haven't seen much discussion about the potential of the Unreal 4 engine for a football game. There is so much other stuff swirling around this title that may have caused this element to get somewhat overlooked in discussions.

My question are, to anyone and especially to those that are familiar with this engine or engines in general, what's some of the potential pros and/or cons of using Unreal 4 for a football game?

Now that it's free to utilize, has anyone on here tinkered with Unreal 4 and if so, what do you think about in relation to use in a football game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #606
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. You just don't seem to separate your developer hat from your consumer hat.

As for my metaphor being off-base, sorry but I can't agree with you there either. Madden 15 (like many maddens) has in fact had massive issues with crashes and disconnects. Apparently you didn't experience the desync issue? You've never played a game and had it just go to the dashboard? Happens pretty frequently. In all honesty, I can live with that and all games have those types of bugs. What I can't live with is claims such as QB inaccuracy, line play improvements, ball physics, animations (never same tackle twice) etc. etc. which are all false IMO. I guess everyone has different standards as far as what actually "works". Fair enough.

Also, as far as the sales mention goes, let's see, where to begin here...

Let's use steaks as an example. It is a fact that Waffle House sold the most T-Bone steaks in the US. Therefore, are we to say that Waffle House T-Bone steaks are the best? I mean, how else do you measure quality? Sorry, but that statement is so incredibly absurd to me I am having a hard time formulating what I want to say.

Waffle House steaks must clearly be better than Flemmings, Ruth's Chris or Sullivan's. Better yet, why don't we make a new law that no longer allows any other restaurants to make or sell steaks other than Waffle House. Now - if you want steak you HAVE to get it from Waffle House. Now according to you, we should be able to deduce that Waffle House makes a quality steak because they sell them. The steaks have no maggots in them, the meat is sufficiently cooked and they are eatable. Therefore, we can say that the Waffle House steaks provide a more than adequate product to the consumer base, and Waffle House produces best quality because they sell a lot of them.

Not a lot of Ferrari's are sold compared to Subaru Outbacks. Are we to believe the quality of the Ferrari is less than that of the Outback? Come on man, you work in games and software. I refuse to believe that you actually believe what you are writing here. There are countless products out there that are high(er) quality that don't sell as well due to many factors. There are also lots of low quality products that still sell despite poor quality.

Anyway, I've stated my opinion, you stated yours, no sense in going back and forth. We won't ever agree so it's pointless. That being said, I respect your opinion just the same.
I can honestly say, Madden 15 on both PS4 and XB1 has never once crashed on me. Not once. Now I've quit out of frustration or boredom several times but the game has never hard crashed or hung on me.

Say what you want he's right the game is not in a broken or unstable state as is. Your analogy while I get where you were going was simply not valid.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #607
Rookie

I'm hoping cloth physics like jerseys being pulled on. Animated chin straps and mouth guards. A bigger animation library to accommodate different body mechanics. Different body types and limb length and hand sizes. Independent shoulder pads, helmet and jersey physics like nhl 15. And hopefully body proportions will be more lifelike. I don't get why this year Andrew luck has laron landry arms in Madden.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #608
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Yeah...

I'm going to close this thread on this account. In the interest of consolidating discussion, please use the more recently started thread for discussion Joe Montana Football here forward.

Another mod can feel free to reverse course on this if there's value specific to this thread not in the other that I'm missing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »