Home

One week away till the end of exclusive license.

This is a discussion on One week away till the end of exclusive license. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Banned

RyanLR101's Arena

OVR: 0
One week away till the end of exclusive license.

It looks like we are one week away from the end of the NFL exclusive license. I have not been able to find a specific date on the end date other than the license ends in 2013.

I do not see EA getting the license back due to all the legal issue's of late from College Football to Battlefield. Hope we here something soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: One week away till the end of exclusive license.

Won't get my hopes up. Like a free agent negotiation, there could be a last minute renewal...
Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Banned

If the license opens, I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until sometime between February and March, and that announcement would more than likely come from 2K first, but the NFL would be smart to take the PR op and present it as being a move with the fans in mind. But who am I kidding, the NFL is stone. No thoughts in, no thoughts out, just operation.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

God, Yahweh, Spirit Mother, Talos, Devil, Science, Buddha, Ctuhulu, Obi-Wan, Snake, please, save us from this madness. the time has come. set us free
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
God, Yahweh, Spirit Mother, Talos, Devil, Science, Buddha, Ctuhulu, Obi-Wan, Snake, please, save us from this madness. the time has come. set us free
Lmao...I'm dying over here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

man it would be great if they didnt sign i new exclusive deal but another huge factor is 2ks willingness to even make a game. I don't know all the details but getting the money and finding a new development team would take some time. Not to mention developing a game worthy of next gen (in regards to 2ks standards). Lets say by some miracle 2k is finally allowed to publish a game again, i wouldn't expect to see one for 2-3 years.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

Won't get my hopes up, but this is certainly a good thing. I forsee a last minute agreement with EA, sadly.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
man it would be great if they didnt sign i new exclusive deal but another huge factor is 2ks willingness to even make a game. I don't know all the details but getting the money and finding a new development team would take some time. Not to mention developing a game worthy of next gen (in regards to 2ks standards). Lets say by some miracle 2k is finally allowed to publish a game again, i wouldn't expect to see one for 2-3 years.
None of those things are an issue.

2K Sports as an arm has always made their games on small budgets with smaller teams. They can do that because they're simply more talented than most dev teams out there.

Quite a few of the same guys who made 2K5 and APF are still at 2K, but on other projects of course. But 2K knows what's going on and will be prepared, and of course they're willing, it's the NFL. I'm certain that they have been doing update work in preparation for a possible return since it's a common practice among major dev houses, and they know their football engine is still one of their most prized possessions.

If the license comes loose, expect a game inside a window of 18 months or less depending on how much update work has been done over the years. Personally, I would expect the game no later than Summer of 2015 if the license comes open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »