Home

Fantasy Football 12 Discussion

This is a discussion on Fantasy Football 12 Discussion within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Fantasy Football 12 Discussion

I have a league with me and my closest friends I grew up with for ESPN Fantasy football. We all put a lil money in so we get a lil cash and a lot of bragging rights lol.

Every since my first league I was hook with keeping up with the states from week to week and trying to predict the outcomes of tough games. Anybody else addicted to fantasy football like me? If so lets discuss some of the season topics. Like how high will you draft Gronk this year? hmmm

Who is your first round pick for the 2012 season? I'm thinking Arron Rogers or Tom Brady. If I can't get them, I"m thinking Ray Rice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Fantasy Football 12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33d988
I have a league with me and my closest friends I grew up with for ESPN Fantasy football. We all put a lil money in so we get a lil cash and a lot of bragging rights lol.

Every since my first league I was hook with keeping up with the states from week to week and trying to predict the outcomes of tough games. Anybody else addicted to fantasy football like me? If so lets discuss some of the season topics. Like how high will you draft Gronk this year? hmmm

Who is your first round pick for the 2012 season? I'm thinking Arron Rogers or Tom Brady. If I can't get them, I"m thinking Ray Rice.
I've been playing since 1994. We did it all on paper for seven years (1994-2000) before going online in 2001.

Of course a lot of your rankings are going to depend on your scoring system, are you a PPR league, do you incorporate TEs with WRs?, etc., etc.

Our basic scoring system is fairly QB heavy:

6 points for a passing TD
1 point for every 20 yards passing
3 bonus points for 300 yards passing, 2 additional points for every 50 yards after 300 yards. (i.e; 360 yards=5 bonus points, 415 yards=7 bonus points)

6 points for a rushing/receiving TD
1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving
3 bonus points for 100 yards rushing or receiving, 2 additional points for every 50 yards after 100 yards.

We don't have PPR (Points Per Reception) and TEs are grouped with wide receivers.

We have a 15 man roster with this starting lineup:

1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR/TEs, 1 Flex (WR/TE/RB), 1 DEF, 1 K

Based on our league's rules Rodgers, Brady and Brees will occupy the top 6 picks more than likely. We don't do the serpintine draft method though. We've had an auction draft since the last year our league was ran on paper (2000).
Old 08-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I pick 10 in a 10 team PPR this year where you can stick a TE in the flex position. Right now I'm debating the strategy of takeing Graham and Gronk at picks 10 and 11 if they are there. If one of them are gone I'll probably take whoever falls to me, maybe a top 3 QB and one of those two TE's.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have the 3rd pick in a 16 team league. I am stuck on if I am going to draft Rodgers (who will be the highest scoring player in our QB friendly league) and try to get one of the 3rd or 4th tier RBs with my second pick. Or draft whoever is left from Foster, Rice, and McCoy and try to get someone like Eli, Rivers, or Ryan later in the draft. What do you guys think?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron11
I have the 3rd pick in a 16 team league. I am stuck on if I am going to draft Rodgers (who will be the highest scoring player in our QB friendly league) and try to get one of the 3rd or 4th tier RBs with my second pick. Or draft whoever is left from Foster, Rice, and McCoy and try to get someone like Eli, Rivers, or Ryan later in the draft. What do you guys think?
I was 3rd in my 16 team draft
I drafted 3 RB(McCoy,S.Jackson and T. Richardson) then drafted 2 WR(Decker n Maclin) before picking Alex Smith in the 6th round
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »