Home

Front Page Sports Football...

This is a discussion on Front Page Sports Football... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-09-2023, 01:29 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Front Page Sports Football...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yes but it's not very stable. I have 98 installed.(Still have every FPSFB and BB game)

Saddly, I had every single version, but I gave the best version, '98, to my favorite cousin. Now, I wish I had not done it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2023, 01:57 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I can't rememember the name, but there was a generic Marion Butts on the SD team. I designed the good ole wham play from the offset I, and he used to just chew defenses up.

Man I loved those games.

When I was beating my dad & younger brother, my brother had Means & I just created plays-game plan (Play Sheet) & profile that moved the Safeties within 5-yards from the line of scriminage, shut him down. I have other defensive plays that just dominated, like 8-players on the LOS & the rest were LBs, 5-years off the LOS, try running on those defensive formations, heck try passing the ball before getting sacked & not throwing a Int. to a defender faking the blitz.
I have coach (baddly- could not deal with parents-players, but I was there) in Real USA FootBall- PWFBL-HS at the best state for USA FB, for 4-years & showed one of those (if not revolutionary, definitely unique) plays to our HS tons of years of experience in coaching OC & he said offenses no longer run up the middle (3-4 & Pittsburgh Steelers anyone anyone), sell it to Madden. It was all about controlling the OGs & OC, filling all holes & athletism & brains, lining-up in the exact same places for every play & thus, freeing up pass rushers/biltzers (8-players always either faking pass rush/blitz & zoning or keying on players, run support or reading or actually pass rushing/bilting) good luck in figuring out which players were about to do what. The closest thing to the defense I created was, I think the time period was between, the late '80s-early'90s NCAA FBS's Arizona Wild Cats did. I sack the heck out of QBs on average, against people controlled offenses; heck, you should have seen what the defense did to UPC controlled offenses.

What was even more revolutionary, definitely no offense has ever existed like the one I created. I cannot talk about it, you understand. I would hang 40-points easy on average, against people controlled defenses; heck, you should have seen what the offense did to UPC controlled defenses (had 100-point games).

I have since made the offense & defense even more revolutionary; especially, the offense, I do not think anyone else is daring enough to try it, yet, I cannot see it played out, because FPS: FBP series was the only one with good enough plays-plays sheet-profiles customization/editing, from scratch.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 12-09-2023 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:08 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
My best football memories are good ol Dynamix football. But going back even further to '94. I remember buiding this dominant custom team, designing the uniforms, making every single play and kicking ***.

My friend also had his own dynasty. So one night I took my hard drive out of my PC and we hooked it up to his machine cuz all my plays etc. were on in. Then we finally had it out.

I make this defense called 'Suicide' that was essentially an 8 man all out blitz. It was insane. We played an epic battle that I ended up winning 44-38. It was crazy. I was a passing team but she shut me down so I went to the run and broke off a few long ones.

I remember my recievers. #80 Charles Minister and #19 Vinny Crafts.

Best football gaming moments of my entire life with that game.

I am not trying to be sexist or anything close to that, I hate that BLANK myself, but I notice you used she to describe your friend! That is so awesome back in the day to have a friend who appreciated the greatest sport ever created & video/PC games so much that she played FPS: FBP series with you. Given you had the "suicide" defense, I think she was even awesome enough to let you win.
If your read my other post, I had a very similar defense, but I did not always sending 9-players after the QB or RB, that just received the handoff, behind the LOS (HAVE TO TYPE THAT IN ONLY BECAUSE FPS:FBP SERIES PLAY CUSTOMIZATION WAS THAT GOOD). Sometimes only sent 3-players on pass rush to QB or RB, that just received the handoff, behind the LOS (HAVE TO TYPE THAT IN ONLY BECAUSE FPS:FBP SERIES PLAY CUSTOMIZATION WAS THAT GOOD).
Old 12-09-2023, 02:18 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Does anyone remember QB-C exchanges could be fumbled? Why has no other game done this yet. Especially when playing WR's at QB in a game like madden.

Because they are just FLUFF games, not simulating real FB (real coaches & players laugh at people that take the games too serious), anotherwards they making the USA FB world worse, by dumbing down fans.

It also reminded me when all there was for me to play was EAS's NCAA FootBall & NFL FootBall, did so against my uncle & cousin, never play or coached in organized FB, as I have, yet I only won the very first NCAA FB season's championship (the play customization was maddening limiting). Well, my cousin started putting his best WRs at every other skill position, but especially, at TE & using joystick tricks (I have never been good at the joystick stuff) to win every other championship in Madden NFL Football & NCAA Football for years on years, until we gave up. It was just too frustrating to continue.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:33 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes it was. I remember when the '95 version came out. I created and re-rated every single player in the league from scratch and created playbooks for each team. It took me three months and it was worth every second. The ingame and simmed game stats were butter. Oh, to have a current game worthy of that kind of commitment(and the time and energy to put in the work )

WTF!!!!! Is that OCD behavior????? Sorry, not trying to pick on you or anything like that. I thought I spent a ton of time on my customizing the NFL & NCAA FBS (128-programs, in 4-32-associations & exhibition playoffs) & my pro franchise & NCAA program & Plays-Game Plans/Play Sheets & Profiles, but that is just way, way & way too much. MONTHS JUST CUSTOMING, WOW!!!!!
I tried spending sometime on Madden NFL FootBall from around '2002 & just could not spend the same amount dedication on their Dumbing Down BLANK.

I would to be a part of a league/association that came together & decided everything & let someone or group of people (like your dediction) do it & then reap the benefits, but I would never spend that much on it.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:40 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor34
I think I played over 40 seasons of fpsf. I made up all of my own plays, then used that profile editor to call my plays for me when simulating. Of all the things missing in today's games, it's the actually playing the game out when simulating that I miss the most. This 'quick sim' crap in today's game just doesn't cut it. I actually have all my seasons saved somewhere, I backed it up after each year so I could go back and see who the league leaders where and stuff. My team got so loaded that I'd routinely beat teams 70 to 3, which is boring when playing but awesome when simulating. :> I loved that game.

Taylor34

I always hated doing simulations, where I could not watch the games, let alone quick simming. I even prefer to watch games, where the players are controlled by peole. I always perferred just selecting the plays & letting the CPU control how the players executed the plays. Afterall, I dominated in the game, even people controlled franchises, with having to controlled any player; even if at times that plays were too complicated for the CPU to excute them correctly.
Old 12-09-2023, 03:10 AM   #31
Banned

Yeah, everyone posting to this thread about how much we all love FPS: FBP '98 (HEE, yes, I add the '98 version- but I think we can all agree it is the best), I have an idea to pitch you. I know I am new to here & all.

While I am still trying to create my own computer/Internet Sports Associations, starting with USA FootBall & create a sport I invented (anybody who is interested in helping or knows anyone who might be interested in helping, then please by all begging I can do help me out), as my username says...
...we could come together & create a FPS: FBP '98 league(s- *have a higher educational- my way of saying 128-college/university programs association for feeding the 128-franchises professional league rookies & a 128-franchises Semi-Pro League for refining players that did not make the professional league rosters or were allocated from them*). Of course, that is if some of us could help the rest of us get FPS: FBP '98 working on all our computers & maintain it working. jfsolo already proved he is willing to spend a lot of dedication to something he believes in & I have already worked out calendar & seasons, I even have all sports levels, teams-franchises (& their locations, tons of internationsl teams-franchises, & customizations worked-out- I would have to weed down to 128-teams-franchises) & Etc. (for the sports associations & games I am trying to create). We could do what Dumbing Down, Fluff BLANK SimulationFL.net does, OBVIOUSLY with PLAYS-GAME PLANS/PLAYS SHEETS-PROFILES CUSTOMIZATION A LOT BETTER, try to use our own created website to place our recordings on, if cannot use Youtube, to do our own broadcasting of games & Broadcast everything to the public (for a tiny fee on only the watchers, not the owners-GM-coaching-scouting-broadcasting staff & people creating custom players & owners-GM-coaching-scouting-broadcasting).
I would have to find & buy copy of '98, but come on people we love the game, let us do it. What you all say?

I am going to post this in a thread to get more fans like us, to join.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 10:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
It's Christmas time!!! I got 97 and 98 coming to my house via EBAY ..whoooo woooo!!!!!

It just occurred to me to ask this question, but why FPS: FBP '97, if you are also getting FBP '98? Just to have a collector' item?

The answer to what I bought myself this holiday (I think our species' minds are the most powerful things, outside of the non-living of Earth-outer space forces, so beyond just noy religious/Athetsist & such), is nothing. & even though my birthday also exists in Dec. still was nothing. Need to save money, but if i could get FPS: FBP '98 (like you lucky dog, then I would buy that. Of course, my wealthier brother, bought me every I need to start podcasting, like told him, need to get the stuff out there (beyond my E-Mail address book) & benefit the world, even if it is hard medicine, for badly sick/dying world (not just Capitalism & 'Global Warming). I need to get back behind the mic, even if it has all changed a ton, since '2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »