Home

Basketball Dynasty Manager (iOS and Android)

This is a discussion on Basketball Dynasty Manager (iOS and Android) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Basketball Dynasty Manager (iOS and Android)

Just wanted to start a post on this game that is available on both iOS and Android. It doesn't compete with the bigger games in terms of graphics and it is a basic text sim, but my oh my, does it play well.

There are some limitations, such as not being licensed so you need to change player names and team names. But there is a huge level of depth and the stat outcomes are pretty accurate and well represented.

Here's a link to the app store version if anyone's interested:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bask...774801008?mt=8

I'm going to send a message to the guy who developed it an invite him to come on OS and chat about the game if he wants to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Basketball Dynasty Manager (iOS and Android)

dude, thank you for this
Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I know it's 1.99 but is it worth it?

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbed
I know it's 1.99 but is it worth it?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's a total bargain for $1.99!

The game has alot of depth and is really fun. The other added bonus (for me at least) is that it's one of those games that a single guy so you're supporting this tremendous effort.

It's up to you to see if you want to give it a go, but i think it's great. Take a look at the ios or android reviews and scores too, it's been getting some pretty good feedback.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Got this last week after you initially posted this thread... totally worth the $2 spent... Only thing is, the help doc isn't up for it yet. Would love to know what all the symbols mean on the roster screen during games. Also, what does the region scouting do? Does it actually find extra players, or will I still be able to scout the same players for the draft without doing the extra region scouting???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
Got this last week after you initially posted this thread... totally worth the $2 spent... Only thing is, the help doc isn't up for it yet. Would love to know what all the symbols mean on the roster screen during games. Also, what does the region scouting do? Does it actually find extra players, or will I still be able to scout the same players for the draft without doing the extra region scouting???
Yeah I have no idea what the little symbols mean either. And I don't do any region scouting, i don't think it finds new players anyway. I just focus on scouting the rookies in the list. You actually shouldn't have a problem scouting nearly all the players as you replenish your scouting hours after every game, so after every 4 games you should have another 60hours for scouting.

Sometimes the game throws some random events that end up working perfectly. For example, I had the 25th pick in the draft with the Knicks, a player projected as a top 10 pick fell and was available. He was a 19 year old PG from Harlem NY. He has a A potential and is a killer 3point shooter and passer (but weak defender). Made for a perfect story as the Knicks drafted him and he was playing in front of his home crowd. To make things even better, I signed him for a cheap 5 year $7.5mil and he's now my starting PG putting up a 15/8 on a championship calibre team in 2018.

This is the type of stuff that I really dig about this game.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
Region scouting might help you find a good player that no other team really knows about. To be able to sign a certain player that you find, you have to request for that player to declare for the draft. If the player agrees to declare for the draft, he will then be in the rookies list near the bottom with the other projected "undrafted" players. Also, every time you select the explore region (even if it is the same region as you are currently exploring) you will used the allotted hours for that country and a new list of players. I haven't seen a player show up twice for a country.

That being said, I haven't had too much luck with region scouting. I tend to stick to the rookie list. If I am able to scout everyone on that list, I then move to region scouting.

Hope that helps
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I am addicted to this game. Thank you OP, Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »