Home

NBA JAM - Best team against Magic (Gold level)

This is a discussion on NBA JAM - Best team against Magic (Gold level) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
NBA JAM - Best team against Magic (Gold level)

I'm trying to beat the Gold level in Road Trip for the Southeast, all that stands in my way is the Magic and the monster-tandem of Shaq and Dwight Howard. Dunks are worth 3 and OTT Dunks are worth 10. The biggest problem going against them is the fact that they can dunk on you basically at will while its nearly impossible for you to do the same. Even matching up the same team against them, they will consistently block your dunks and do not give you many good opportunities to dunk on them cleanly.

I love shooting the 3-ball in this game so I've taken to that strategy, the problem is finding someone tall enough to where I don't have to worry about faking them out each time I shoot it (because they tend to just shove you when you try a fake), or having to resort to shooting only fade-aways (which are difficult to do because I tend to misjudge when I should release because of the different animation).

I've been using Miami with Lebron James and Glen Rice (purchased from the jam store) because they both have good ratings for 3s and both are tall (Dwayne Wade's shots were too easy to block, so even though his dunk rating is higher than Rice he wasn't a good option). I'm trying to find a team/tandem of players who have good/great Dunk ratings but with good 3s ratings. I have very few problems from beyond the arc with the Rice/James team but Rice is a terrible dunker and will often switch to a layup or get owned by the opponent, and too often he is the only player in a position to dunk.

I want to be able to shoot from behind the arc consistently as well as be able to take advantage of the dunk opportunities when they present themselves. I also need the players to be tall to cut down on the blocks from the opponent. Any suggestions on what group to use or any teams that are purchasable. I can buy every team but the NBA Street team (I'm at level 26, and I need to be level 30 before I can purchase it)
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA JAM - Best team against Magic (Gold level)

Never mind, I finally got it done, I had a lot of success with Starks and Mello(sp?) from New York but finally decided to mix things up. Purchased Scottie Pippen from the store paired him up with Derrick Rose and got it done in like 3 tries. The key was the fact that Rose and Pippen have much higher steal ratings so instead of shoving down the 2 big men every time they were stealing the ball most of the time.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 02-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

My suggestion would've been Larry Bird and Ray Allen. I don't remember hot-spots too well (this dang cold is clogging my head up), but I think Bird and Pierce have about the same hot-spot which is behind the three-point line a bit off-center (mainly to the right).
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Use Steve Nash and Dan Majerle.

Abuse the steal button like a madman on defense.

Call for picks on offense to get open three point shots.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had alot of success with alonzo morning and hakeem in the block party team...lots of steals and blocks and dunks

TEAM HEAT!!!! (est.2001)
STEELER NATION!!!! (est. 2002)

Currently Playing-NBA 2k12 Tekken 6 Madden 12 MLB 2k11 Fight Night Champion NBA Jam:OFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Fast players with a high steal rating are the best way to counter power players.

Don't try to meet them at the rim. Take the ball away from them before they even have a chance to go up.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

This was the one Gold Level challenge that took me a bit also. I used the same players (Shaq and Dwight) at first to combat their size. Finally beat them with the Rockets and Hakeem.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

I decided to fight fire with fire and go Duncan/Robinson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »