Home

Help me hop over the fence..

This is a discussion on Help me hop over the fence.. within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help me hop over the fence..

Hey guys, major 2ker here. Was actually shocked to come onto the Live board and read the IGN review and hear that Live has a great game this year. I was planning on getting 2K but after reading all I have about Live, i am leaning towards it.

I hear that 2K is great like last year, although the game is pretty much the same gameplay wise? where as Live has been completely revamped? Is that so for people who have the game?

Also, I have been hearing that this game plays great out of the box with realisitic shooting percentages and tight scoring games, that is a very big plus to me.

Reason why I am posting is..I guess I am hoping to hear from some fellow 2Kers who are also picking up Live instead, or hear some feedback that really convinces me to get this game.

please guys.. I am practically there... just need a bit more of a push..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Help me hop over the fence..

I'm in the same boat. The shooting styles and sim style I see intrigued me greatly. As does the atmosphere and arena specific chants and sounds.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

live just makes you play sim basketball!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I have both and both are really good. Out the box I think Live plays better. Live is easier to control imo. Graphics for me go to 2K. This is just my opinion, I think 2K has more to offer in terms of Sim Style play. Now understand I think Live is really sim also but as far when you add the extra that 2K has to offer at this point I give the nod to 2K10. It's still early so this may change down the road.

At the end of the day it's a no lose situation as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

I am about to jump over the fence but I reallly want to find out how the simmed stats are for Dynasty Mode.

I beg of anyone to help a brother out by breakin down the simmed stats and player progression for franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Me personally I've been with 2k each year from 2k6 to the 2k10 draft combine, but I'm going with Live 10.

Just based on both demos and watching vids Live has more respect for basketball fundamentals (i.e. battling for position, collision detection and scoring in the paint). NBA 2k's gameplay has declined over the years to the point it's become a disservice to the game of basketball.

You can make things better by tweaking sliders of course, but it's an arcade-style game first and foremost. At least for right now NBA Live is not going that route so it's my choice.

You've got to ask yourself what you want out of a NBA game and do research to find out which game will provide that. There are certain features 2k has that Live does not, but for me it means nothing when the gameplay is fundamentally weak.

Ultimately you need to climb over that fence on your own and have an idea what's going to be on the other side before you do so. Maybe renting Live is the best way to go.

Last edited by oOausarOo; 10-04-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

It seems like both games are great but the reason I am jumping the fence is that Live has a much fresher feel to it...I want some "wow factor" this year and after playing 2k for the last 5 years, Live has impressed me simply from the fact that I have to THINK during every possession...I actually feel mentally fatigued just playing the demo a couple of times back-to-back...can't wait for Tuesday!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Basically, do you want to throw alley-oops 50% of the time (2K) or do you want to play a game that will punish you if you try to run and gun constantly and not play fundamentally (Live)...
I've been on 2K since 2K6, but i'm definitely making the switch this year...the only thing i'm pissed about is that i spent money on The Draft Combine thinking that 2K was actually gonna improve this year. Big mistake

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »