Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #33
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Thanks boomhauertjs!

I think people are starting to understand what RBI is all about and we are generally getting less of the "why aren't you that other product?" reactions. And with the refinements we've continued to make, some people such as yourself are also beginning to appreciate that it plays a really solid game of baseball. I find that each game feels different. Blowouts, barn burners, pitching duels. You get it all and it all feels like a game that could have occurred in real life, even though the gameplay is simple and quick.

We're always listening to the feedback and the features that people want to see. We know some are disappointed that more hasn't been added to the roster / franchise type features, but we felt backend gameplay still warranted the bulk of our attention for this go around. We hope to bring you all more great stuff in the future!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

How many difficulty settings are there? And any other difficulty settings besides the base options?

Also ,can you change difficulty during a season?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #35
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
How many difficulty settings are there? And any other difficulty settings besides the base options?

Also ,can you change difficulty during a season?

Thanks!
Three settings: Easy, Medium (default), and Hard. You can change it at any time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #36
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Yes you can.
Awesome. I think I may go the iOS route this year.

Thanks for the reponse.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was going to purchase this game via steam on release day because I read somewhere that users now could control dives and jumps manually unless I misunderstood what I saw. I read on the forum here that those options are still controlled automatically, but what's confusing me is that last years RBI 15 there were dives and jumps that were controlled automatically....so why is it mentioned on the RBI the game website that dives and jumps are now in if it's the same as last year?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #38
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
why is it mentioned on the RBI the game website that dives and jumps are now in if it's the same as last year?
Dives existed in the game last year, but they were very rare and more often than not they did not occur when you would have liked them to. This is an area we focused heavily on for 16. Dives and jumps will occur much more frequently. We've added many more ways for them to occur. In addition, there are now missed catch, jump, and dive attempts on balls that are just out of reach (or in the case of a dive, it has a small chance to be missed even within reach; and all of these types of catch attempts have a greater chance to be bobbled/deflected than a regular catch), which adds more excitement and suspense to the play. We've also added more wall interactions: leaping HR robs, leaning over a low wall or railing catches, and on-the-run catch-and-crash-into-the-wall animations.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Thanks boomhauertjs!

I think people are starting to understand what RBI is all about and we are generally getting less of the "why aren't you that other product?" reactions. And with the refinements we've continued to make, some people such as yourself are also beginning to appreciate that it plays a really solid game of baseball. I find that each game feels different. Blowouts, barn burners, pitching duels. You get it all and it all feels like a game that could have occurred in real life, even though the gameplay is simple and quick.

We're always listening to the feedback and the features that people want to see. We know some are disappointed that more hasn't been added to the roster / franchise type features, but we felt backend gameplay still warranted the bulk of our attention for this go around. We hope to bring you all more great stuff in the future!
Understood, but (speaking for myself) at this stage, I am spoiled by the state of sports videogames in general. I need a franchise mode, at least in some form. Failing that, at the very least, I need an ability to edit players and move them around. For me, iPhones are great for simple games (like Angry Birds), or for a text sim (iOOTP is great), but I just can't play a sports arcade game on my iPhone (Vita, yes, but that's a different issue!). I am hoping next year, RBI will come back with at least a basic franchise mode and editing ability, and I'll be there to buy!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #40
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am hoping next year, RBI will come back with at least a basic franchise mode and editing ability, and I'll be there to buy!
I hope you get your wish!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »