Home

Future of Baseball on the xbox?

This is a discussion on Future of Baseball on the xbox? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Future of Baseball on the xbox?

I thought RBI Baseball might be the game for Xbox, but it's just not enough and really isn't good in depth baseball game for Xbox owners. Does EA start to come into the playground now? or can Xbox and Sony put there differences aside and get The Show onto Xbox? Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2014, 03:07 AM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Future of Baseball on the xbox?

I think that during the life cycle of the XB1 we will see a true MLB game. Whether it's EA, MS, or someone else. Judging by the way MLB handled 2K13 it shows they really want a game on the Xbox consoles. And I don't think they will be satisfied with RBI being that game.

I can pretty much guarantee The Show will never be on Xbox. It has nothing to do with differences, its a first party Sony product. It would be like Mario on Xbox. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by PVarck31; 03-16-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

I think someone will eventually make something for the system. EA seems like the logical choice. I don't know what kind of relationship Konami has with Sony so far as exclusivity goes but it would be nice to see them do an MLB game for the One.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I could see either MVP Baseball or High Heat making a come back eventually.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I could see either MVP Baseball or High Heat making a come back eventually.
Oh I sure hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
Pro

I doubt MLB cares anymore if there is a baseball game on xboxone and xbox will be obsolete in a year or two. Unless of course they want to make some money!

It was different last year with 2k13 because people bought the xbox knowing there was a baseball game on it already with 2k but now being a new console people simply can opt for the ps4 and the show if they want MLB baseball. I mean it's not as if MLB has some sort of investment in Microsoft.

Last edited by Will I Am; 03-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc08
I thought RBI Baseball might be the game for Xbox, but it's just not enough and really isn't good in depth baseball game for Xbox owners. Does EA start to come into the playground now? or can Xbox and Sony put there differences aside and get The Show onto Xbox? Thoughts?
As a long time xbox gamer myself..since original xbox system then onto 360. I had to weigh the cost factor of going with Xbox One or PS4 for this new gen of consoles. The "cost factor" was never "money" but the cost of which games i could not live without, baseball being one of them.

In the end..i weighed the differences..PS4 more powerful, PS4 more developer-friendly hardware, PS4 better first party studios, PS4 cheaper, PS4 has the best baseball game on this earth and MLB The Show on PS4 is going to knock the socks off people soon. Again..the "cost factor"....i jumped shipped ..i did the math ahead of time knowing Xbox One was not going to have a good baseball game for atleast the first few years...takes time to make a solid franchise....so while i was once a loyal xbox gamer..i am now back with Sony and PS console and you know what? Im glad i made this move..after weighing the "cost factor" .

MLB The Show will never be on its competitor's system....there must be things kept for competition for each manufacture...MS has their ACEs and Sony has theirs....Sony's various studios are superior imho

Last edited by Moegames; 03-16-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc08
Nothing is stopping Microsoft from making their own game for the XBOne, & if they ever do, I wouldn't expect to see it on Playstation much as The Show won't be making it's way to XB

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »