Home

RBI Baseball 14...Food for Thought...

This is a discussion on RBI Baseball 14...Food for Thought... within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
RBI Baseball 14...Food for Thought...

Pro Yakyuu looked pretty good. Now, we're all wondering, how are they going to develop a game for the Spring of 2014 when it's supposed to come out? And, given the lengthy development time, how did they do that under the radar? Sort of leaves us scratching our heads.

I had the thought that perhaps it would be Pro Yakyuu with MLB teams, players, and stadiums. Then, after picking up RBI Baseball and RBI Baseball 2 on the NES, I looked for some information for them. As it turns out, RBI Baseball was called "Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium" on the Famicom in Japan. I thought that this was rather interesting, and something that would make for a very good game if this is indeed the case.

Of course, this is by no means official information, it's just speculation on my part. And I have no idea what the heck "Pro Yakyuu" means in Japanese, it could simply mean "baseball", and this wouldn't mean a thing. But it sure would make sense that they'd do something like that, since they already had a good engine to start with.

Food for thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: RBI Baseball 14...Food for Thought...

I'm pretty sure Yakyu in Japanese means "field ball".....synonymous with baseball....when the word "baseball" in Japanese was banned during WWII..

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-01-2014, 01:17 AM   #3
Rookie

mess98's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
Pro Yakyuu looked pretty good. Now, we're all wondering, how are they going to develop a game for the Spring of 2014 when it's supposed to come out? And, given the lengthy development time, how did they do that under the radar? Sort of leaves us scratching our heads.
Just because we didn't hear about a game until now doesn't mean that they haven't been working on it for years...

but who knows.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:54 AM   #4
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Nice speculation, very clever. While im sure it would be to good to be true that would be unreal, finally the show would have some competition
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess98
Just because we didn't hear about a game until now doesn't mean that they haven't been working on it for years...

but who knows.

Since the announcement, I have speculated that RBI has been in the works for awhile. My guess, and that is all it is, is that RBI was shooting for a 2013 release to coincide with the end of 2K's contract. When they realized that 2013 was not going to happen, 2k was quickly given another year....expectantly.

This year, after a full additional year of development, RBI is more or less ready. 2k announces it is out of the game and, shortly afterwards, RBI is announced.

This is totally just my speculation.....without an ounce of fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
Since the announcement, I have speculated that RBI has been in the works for awhile. My guess, and that is all it is, is that RBI was shooting for a 2013 release to coincide with the end of 2K's contract. When they realized that 2013 was not going to happen, 2k was quickly given another year....expectantly.

This year, after a full additional year of development, RBI is more or less ready. 2k announces it is out of the game and, shortly afterwards, RBI is announced.

This is totally just my speculation.....without an ounce of fact.
I see what you're saying, this just seems rather far-fetched. Developing games costs money and takes time. I would imagine they have been working on this since 2011 or 2012. To begin making a game, I would think that they would have to be absolutely sure that 2K wasn't going to pick up the MLB license once again, something that wasn't made official until a few months ago.

Worst-case scenario this is 2K under a different name. Ugh.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I see what you're saying, this just seems rather far-fetched. Developing games costs money and takes time. I would imagine they have been working on this since 2011 or 2012. To begin making a game, I would think that they would have to be absolutely sure that 2K wasn't going to pick up the MLB license once again, something that wasn't made official until a few months ago.

Worst-case scenario this is 2K under a different name. Ugh.
I agree with you...I really feel that 2k is involved in this somehow without a doubt in my mind. The fact that they had the 3rd party Licence to MLB shows you that there would be no way another company would have invested tons of money to only hope that they would not renew the license in 2014. I feel this game probably has a lot of 2k's code and has been worked on for two years now. I also agree that it should have came out last year but it just wasn't ready. Which is why we got what we got from 2k.

Time will tell but I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised by this game. I think its going to be 2k but overhauled with next Gen graphics and game play that was severely lacking with 2k sports.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #8
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
. I think its going to be 2k but overhauled with next Gen graphics and game play that was severely lacking with 2k sports.
I'd rather it be Pro Yakyuu. For them to make an MLB game it would be like having a nice building up to code but then deciding that you wanted a new paint color scheme and new carpeting.

If it was MLB 2K it would be like having a building that has the carpeting and paint you need but also has faulty electrical wiring, a leaky roof, dry rot, bad plumbing, cockroaches, asbestos, weak floors, mice, loud tenants, and is in a bad neighborhood.

You get my drift.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »