Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #121
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogg9999
Im betting on sim with this game. I say that because the mlb themselves are making this game. They refused to now have a mlb gamr on xbox last year by paying 2k to do it, and now they are doing it themselves. This shows they desperately want a game representing their league avaible to the most amount of people possible. They will want their league represented in the best way, and not by arcade . I would think
I wouldn't put all your eggs in THAT basket just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #122
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That's when the vid was posted.
The fact that he was still a Cub when this was taken should tell people that this game has been in production for a while.

Please, someone at OS correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all publicity/media photo's are taken prior to the season beginning.
If that's the case, this game has been in production for at least a year
Or it's footage from another developer's MLB licensed game. This sort of thing would probably be done at the same time and place regardless of if it's being done by MLB or 2K or Sony.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
Or it's footage from another developer's MLB licensed game. This sort of thing would probably be done at the same time and place regardless of if it's being done by MLB or 2K or Sony.
It could be, but I'm not so sure.
The RBI logo is displayed, and MLBAM is shown at the end.

Maybe they're using 2K's photo's from 2K13 or maybe this really is MLBAM's show.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it's most likely for RBI baseball.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #124
Pro

OVR: 11

Pastapadre says it's an arcade style game
Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is what I am thinking. I wonder if this game was supposed to come out last year, but they probably couldn't get it done. That is probably why MLB 2k13 was a major surprise and was the same game as 2K12. MLB 2k13 was the fall back and seemed to be announced at the last minute.

I am hoping this will be more of a simulation because I would hate to think about buying a system for 1 game (even though the Show is a fantastic game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Pastapadre says it's an arcade style game
I had read that too, but he has no proof. On Twitter he even had to retract the statement.

PP has some good inside info at times but he's not always right.
He was convinced that MLB2K was done after 2K12 but then 2K13 came around.

If I had to bet, I'd say that RBI was going to be more arcade than sim.
Still, nobody knows for sure yet.
For all we know, MLB had 2K produce another game last year while they worked on RBI.
The vid of Soriano makes a good case that they've been working on this for a year already. Maybe more.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brykater14
Here is what I am thinking. I wonder if this game was supposed to come out last year, but they probably couldn't get it done. That is probably why MLB 2k13 was a major surprise and was the same game as 2K12. MLB 2k13 was the fall back and seemed to be announced at the last minute.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #128
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Really hoping for a 3DS version as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »