Home

OOTP vs Basebal Mogul

This is a discussion on OOTP vs Basebal Mogul within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
OOTP vs Basebal Mogul

Last year I got Baseball Mogul and enjoyed it. This year I was thinking about trying OOTP. I might buy last year's version of OOTP, try it out and wait till next year to get Baseball Mogul or OOTP (whichever I like better). Thoughts? Which game do you prefer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: OOTP vs Basebal Mogul

I haven't played Baseball Mogul,but I love OOTP. The learning curve is kind of steep, but after a few days it gets easier. I am not sure how deep Baseball Mogul is, but OOTP is one of the deepest games I have ever played.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3

I started playing OOTP12 in December and haven't looked back snce! It is addictive, and I already pre-ordered 13!

By the way, 13 looks to have some much improved in game menus so I would also factor that in as whether or not you get 12 or 13. I really don't think you can wrong by starting to play this series.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't played Mogul because OOTP is everything I need. We have a great online league on the go here and I am running a historical sim that just saw Ted Williams hit .400 in 1942. (No WWII in my sim.) Go with OOTP and you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I don't think there is really any comparison in terms of depth of play, realistic sim results, options and customization - OOTP easily takes the cake. Yes there is steeper learning curve, but once you get into the series you shouldn't have any trouble adjusting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Both are great games. I think it depends on what your looking for in a sim game. The games are as different as night and day. Baseball Mogul you just click and play. It's super easy and super fast. A 5 year old could play it. OOTP is a different animal. Much steeper learning curve. Although OOTP was crazy addicting I never felt like I was playing it right if that makes sense. I always felt like I could be doing more. But i'm not the most patient man, nor the smartest. So if your a quick learner and got plenty of time to dedicate to learning the nuances of the game then OOTP would be a good choice. If ya just wanna download and play then Mogul is the way to go. For the last couple of years that's been my choice.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Love ootp.
You could even download the demo http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-.../downloads.php.
One of the great things about ootp is the forums and the involvement of the games developer so you can always find the answers to questions you may have.

By the way, my avatar is a player from one of my fictional leagues that kinda looks like me. I think the facegen that creates players is pretty cool.

Last edited by voodoo_magic; 03-31-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Last time I DL this demo, it was just a portal to BUY a copy of the game. No playable content whatsoever. It may have changed however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »