Home

Konami Announces MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App

This is a discussion on Konami Announces MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Konami Announces MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App

KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES MLB POWER PROS TOUCH 2010 APP

Timeless Baseball Franchise Adds MLB Licenses

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - May 7, 2010 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. has announced online interactive licensing agreements with both MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) - the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball - and the Major League Baseball Players Association (MLBPA). The agreements grant Konami the rights to incorporate official Major League Baseball teams, club marks, and active Major League Baseball player names and likenesses into its MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App which is now available for iPhone and iPod touch.

'We are thrilled to be launching the finest mobile baseball game available on the broadest array of handsets, with the deepest penetration," said Joe Morris, Vice President of Mobile Content and Social Networking for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

"We're pleased to be working with Konami on this officially-licensed app which includes Major League baseball player names, uniforms and numbers, and all 30 MLB teams," said Mike Amin, Director of Interactive Games and Internet at MLBPA. "Konami has a proven track record of creating great baseball titles for consoles in both Japan and in the U.S., so we're very excited to help bring the MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App to iPhone and iPod touch users and include players who fans know and love."

"Konami has again delivered an ********* product for the gaming space with the debut of MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 - a great mobile entertainment experience for baseball fans," said Kenny Gersh, senior vice president, business development, MLBAM.

In MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App gamers compete as their favorite MLB players for entertaining and authentic baseball gaming. Gamers take control of the action by simply tapping and sliding to pitch, bat and run! Gamers can rearrange batting orders and pitching rotations, move players on and off the roster, and change their team's name, logo and uniform design.

With four exciting game modes to choose from, all types of fans and gamers will be satisfied. In Season Mode, gamers can experience an entire Major League Baseball season from Opening Day through the World Series. Customizing their schedules with 25, 50 or 162 game season options, users can play out each game, watch their team through the fast forward option, or simulate straight to the game results. In Wireless Mode, gamers can challenge friends and play against them by using Bluetooth. Exhibition Mode allows players to select their favorite team and play head-to-head versus the computer; while Custom Mode gives gamers the freedom to customize an actual Major League Baseball team in order to create their own unique pro lineup.

The MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App is now available for $7.99 from the App Store or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore/.

For more information, please visit http://www.konami.com/touch.
Platform: iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Konami Announces MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 App

These guys gotta release a PS3 game, even if it's just for download. It doesn't have to have any sort of high-res graphics or anything, just be widescreen and HD and have the same game.

iPhone peeps should be happy.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Downloading now. This is my favorite baseball game of all time. I like Power Pros 2008 better than The Show 10.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Any impressions on this yet? I skipped last years version because it didn't have the MLB license, but I'm very tempted with the new one.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I wonder if this is compatible with the iPad?!

Anyway, I'll have this tomorrow and throw up some impressions. Sounds great though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I got this a few days ago and in general I'm liking it a lot. The biggest problem, IMO, is that I can't find a happy medium on difficulty. I started a season on Normal abd quickly found myself scoring a ton of runs. I then switched to Expert and my runs are back in the normal range, but now the CPU absolutely clobbers my pitchers. I'm painting the corners, but I still get rocked. I guess I can't expect a sim experience, but I'd like it to be within the realm of realism. Anyone else have it? Any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »