Home

BIGS 3 - Suggestions?

This is a discussion on BIGS 3 - Suggestions? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
2K Sports Marketing

VC_Andrew's Arena

OVR: 3
Exclamation BIGS 3 - Suggestions?

We're in the very early design stages for BIGS 3, and wanted to get feedback from you guys. What would you like to see added, removed, enhanced in BIGS 3? Let us know what you think.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: BIGS 3 - Suggestions?

Thanks for coming onto the forums, Andrew. I have a few suggestions that you may want to focus on for the next installment of The Bigs:

-Franchise/Dynasty Mode.
Season Mode was added in The Bigs 2, so why not take it one step further with Franchise in The Bigs 3? No, I'm not expecting an intensive management tool down to fully playable minor league systems and 52-man rosters, but at least a 20-50 year season mode in which you build your team, try to acquire players that can get your team over the hump and draft rookies. Of course, year-by-year player progression and regression should be taken into effect...maybe progression/regression by age and stats could work.

-Full Team Rosters.
Full pitching rotations, full bullpens, full lineups (including backups). It doesn't matter if The Bigs is an exaggerated replica of the game or not - full rosters should definitely enhance the game, plus entertain those wanting to go up to the plate with guys who don't have all the pizazz as some of the stars of the game do. Season (or Franchise) should also benefit. As I said before, minor leagues don't have to be fully playable, but if the players are there, it could still work out (just call them up to the MLB and insert them into the lineup/rotation).

-Custom Walk-Up/Reliever/Home Run Music (PS3/360).
Pretty self-explanatory. Would enhance gameplay for those that use it.

-Correct Fonts/Name Alignment On Back of Player Uniforms.
Going into nitpicky range here, but player names don't look all that realistic compared to the relative accuracy of the jersey models themselves...

Not expecting a fix for this, but just throwing something out there...

-Pitcher Control in "Become A Legend".
This may require you to tune pitching controls or the mechanics themselves, but I would like to see the ability to create a pitcher and lead him through "Become A Legend" mode. Of course, this may mean that a behind-the-pitcher cam may be necessary, but I wouldn't mind. I'm sure I would have fun with it.

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to suggest features...hope The Bigs 3, with enough improvement, keeps the series on the right track!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

-Signature Style.
You guys are the kings for signature batting stances and pitcher wind-ups. And not just the batting stance either take it farther and include the walk up to the plate and certain routines players have and most impotantly the swing follow through. No one should have the same generic swing follow through regardless of their batting stances. Look at your cover athlete, Prince Fielder, the dude has a vicious two hand follow that finishes up around his neck. Or Griffey's one-handed classic swing, etc. And for pitchers the way they finish after a pitch is important too. Guys like K-Rod, Lincecum or Halladay should all have their wind-ups down all the way to how they fall off the rubber to how they receive the ball back from the catcher everytime.

I have no problem that you use limited rosters because who really cares about most of the bench guys or middle relief guys in an arcade title. That should make it even easier to get the signature styles for most of the guys in there considering you don't have to do it for every player in the MLB.

-Edit Players.
Let the user edit things like batting gloves, eye black, pant length, etc.

-Be able to put the legends on our team.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the Bigs 2 is AWESOME! However, there ARE some changes I think should be made.

I think you should be able to control your hitter type. How you do that depends on your performance. For example, if your character hits 4 hits in a game (lets say 2 doubles and 2 singles) he should get credit to buy stats. All stats should cost the same, with the exception of legendary, which would cost more.

Stats. It's an awesome exaggeration of the game, but it's STILL baseball.

Ability to play catcher/pitcher.

Ability to change teams would be nice. Free Agency with teams offering bids and such...

Better story line. I want to be a drafted rookie, not a rehabbing vet.

Better/more asian faces. Be nice.

Allow more stolen players to put in line-up. I jacked up the Phillies with Pujols, McCann, and Lincecum. But I have Peavy, Votto, Webb, Beltran, etc that I want in as well.

Starting pitchers should be relievers too. Just because they're not slated to pitch that day doesnt mean they shouldn't. Not like there's a real rest period. And there shouldn't be...
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I wasn't a fan of the Big Slam idea... I mean, yeah, it can turn the game fast... but when there's 0 outs, and you successfully pull off stopping the Big Slam... you're 4 batters deeper in the lineup, but you're only credited with one out.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

create a team/stadium

MLB Power Pros "My Life" sort of mode to replace become a Legend
Old 11-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Behind the pitcher view
Old 11-13-2009, 05:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hate how the B / Trigger on the Wii jumps you back a screen while setting up. When playing with my kids, we'll get all the way in, then the littlest one will hit B a few times because he's being funny and we have to start all over. Just a button on the bottom left that says "Back" would be so much nicer.

Also, the gentle shake of the Wii remote activates the music selector. Very annoying. We have to hold way too still while selecting options just so we don't kick the music thing on.

One more thing. There are more buttons on the wii remote. It would be nice if I could just disable the motion all together and dedicate a button to swinging the bat and pitching the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »