Home

2019 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2019 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
2019 Fitness Adventures

Thought I'd change the title up a little, since we're not actually competing against one another, but rather chronicling what we're doing fitness-wise, over the course of a calendar year.

I'll get us started.

The Arizona Rock N' Roll Half Marathon is 13 days away. Completed my final long training run a couple of days ago, going nearly 12 miles. I'm feeling good about my conditioning and have my pre- and mid-race nutrition worked out. I don't have a goal time in mind, but would like to shave a few minutes off of last year's time.

Once the half is over, I'll be transitioning to more cycling. For my 40th birthday, I'm going to be riding a good section of the Pacific Coast Highway … and hope to be doing that on a new Bianchi bike that I'm going to treat myself to. I have a few models in mind, and thankfully, a bike shop out here is a Bianchi retailer, so I can test-ride them before making a final decision.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 2019 Fitness Adventures

Since the beginning of the new year I have been doing 25 crunches, 25 setups, 25 jumping jacks, and 25 push ups per day. I've also been walking everyday. Even at work I get up and walk around the office or thru the warehouse.

Since January 1 I have lost 2lbs. I am a LONG way from my ideal weight and goal, but 2lbs is better than no pounds.

I also eliminated all junk food from my house. Chips, cookies, candy, ice cream, etc...are all gone. My treats are sugar free popsicles/sherbert, or worst case popcorn. I've also stopped eating fast food or even eating out.

I also moved my dinner time back an hour to help with the late night munchies. And I don't make myself diet, yet. I still eat meat and potatoes, but I've eliminated frying meat on the stove. If I don't grill it outside, then I use my George Foreman grill. Chicken gets baked.

I don't know where this journey will take me in regards to my goal by June...but so far its been an easier transition than I thought it would be.

I'm 40 years old and my son is 3. I don't want to not be able to do fun things with him because I'm too fat, out of shape, or too unhealthy to do so. That is my focus.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since the beginning of the new year I have been doing 25 crunches, 25 setups, 25 jumping jacks, and 25 push ups per day. I've also been walking everyday. Even at work I get up and walk around the office or thru the warehouse.

Since January 1 I have lost 2lbs. I am a LONG way from my ideal weight and goal, but 2lbs is better than no pounds.

I also eliminated all junk food from my house. Chips, cookies, candy, ice cream, etc...are all gone. My treats are sugar free popsicles/sherbert, or worst case popcorn. I've also stopped eating fast food or even eating out.

I also moved my dinner time back an hour to help with the late night munchies. And I don't make myself diet, yet. I still eat meat and potatoes, but I've eliminated frying meat on the stove. If I don't grill it outside, then I use my George Foreman grill. Chicken gets baked.

I don't know where this journey will take me in regards to my goal by June...but so far its been an easier transition than I thought it would be.

I'm 40 years old and my son is 3. I don't want to not be able to do fun things with him because I'm too fat, out of shape, or too unhealthy to do so. That is my focus.
Nice work, CB! I like how you've set yourself up for success, both in terms of exercise and food options.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Considering we are only like 7 days in to the year two lbs is pretty good. They say if you are trying to lose weight that losing like 1-2 lbs a week is good. Of course the bigger you are the easier it is going to be to lose weight because you have to eat a lot to like keep at a really high weight but its hard to lose weight. I could go like a full week with out eating any thing and I would most likely only lose like 5-6 lbs. I am hoping I can lose weight my self need to lose like 15. I am around 30 over what I should be including the 3 I gained over the holidays but I would like to lose 15 if any thing because that 15 makes me have a lot more heart burn makes a big difference.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM   #5
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Plan on getting certified in personal training by summer. Big step for me, and I'm excited! Finally deciding to get out of a job/industry I hate and move forward helping others in my truck passion, training.

I wish you all in here success this year and hope you achieve your goals. Remember even the small goals are better than no goals. Stay positive and I look forward to seeing your successes in future posts!

As for myself, I was down to roughly 130 lbs about this time last year (dieting hard/chasing abs) and today I'm 160 after consistently weight training and eating hard over that time. Hoping I can maintain around there for a while and recomp my body somewhat and shed a little excess body fat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bravesfan1984; 01-07-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Going to get back into DDP Yoga and mix in weight lifting. My wife and I are going to purchase a stationary bike so we can do cardio at home.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 01-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 13

After a pretty strong finish to 2018 (fitness-wise), I fell off the wagon big-time over the holidays, what with all the drinking and poor eating LOL. So it's been like 3 weeks since I so much as walked from here to there.

Oh well. New year, start it back up again. Step 1....
Old 01-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

How's everyone enjoying the new year, new me crowd ?

I had some time between work and class yesterday so went by the gym to do some cardio around 4:30... freakin' mad house.

I'll just have to start getting up at 4:15am regardless of what day it is because I would rather workout in the morning. I also think this is the price I pay for going to Planet Fitness because it's dirt cheap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »