Home

The Astronomy and Physics thread. And things of the like.

This is a discussion on The Astronomy and Physics thread. And things of the like. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-31-2016, 05:42 AM   #73
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The Astronomy and Physics thread. And things of the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Show them the link I posted which pretty much proves the Earth is round.

If the Earth was flat don't you think someone would have fallen off the edge by now?

I just figured since you're dealing with someone who disagrees with science and math that they'd simply reject the facts.

The best explanation IMO is the time zones. Easiest to understand and relate to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-31-2016, 11:19 AM   #74
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, this planet 9 has the Astrology world in a tizzy. Sorry I cannot provide a link as I am currently surfing the web via PS4 & linking is not possible, AFAIK
#44Syracuse
Old 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #75
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I also think that we apply human life laws to things that aren't human. Just another example of us thinking the world (and beyond!) revolves around us.

Aliens? I don't even know. I'll leave the door open for any possibility. So much happens that we can't explain on Earth as it is.

A physics thing I read a couple months back was that the law of motion was broken. It was to a the tiniest degree, but an object or something provided itself with thrust without anything else acting on it. Something along those lines.

Like I said, I'm pretty open to literally anything possible happening defying all we know or can explain. I mean, we got here on a once in forever chance... I think it's our supposed intelligence that limits our scope of thought or theory. And our inherent self-centeredness.

What an excellent topic!
Personally i think us as humans are always contradictory in our thinking. I beleive there are other forms of "life" just because of the sheer fact of planets/galaxies/possibilities. I do not believe for one second though that we are beng visited by them. To do so, i think we are taking that same human like ideas and applying it to other forms of life all while saying that there can be other types of life that arent carbon based or exist outside of our own goldilocks zone.

Why are we all so sure that other forms of life would also follow the same hman based ideology to explore and navigate space? The concept of looking for resources, expanding, space travel, etc is a very human based ideology. Maybe there are other forms of life out there but to me there is no natural progression that other forms of life mean thry automatically are space exploring once they reach an intelligent level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
If its the one I'm thinking of, its been making the rounds over the last week. It basically says all the Aliens are dead and deals with the Fermi Paradox.

I personally don't buy it at all. At least not when it comes to outside our galactic neighborhood.
Quote:
Oh okay. I still don't think that's true though. 40 billion potential Earth like planets in our own galaxy, and we are a small galaxy to boot. Multiply that by billions upon billions of galaxies. I just can't see how we are the only ones.
Quote:
For organic carbon based lifeforms this is true. But there is some scientific speculation that life may be able to survive on cryogenic hydrocarbons. This could be the case on some of Jupiter and Saturn's moons such as Titan, Europa, and Enceladus.
Spot on.

There is so much I'd love to talk about regarding this topic, but a lot of it would border on the ToS here, so I'm not even going to start. I'll be following though.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:55 PM   #77
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

How about some physics. http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/arti...m-entanglement
Old 02-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #78
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

This is amazing.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #79
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

That video gave me anxiety. Holy ****

Watch me play video games
Old 02-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #80
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Astronomy fact of the day: There are three things that we can see from Earth that are outside of our Galaxy. The Large and Small Magellanic clouds and the Andromeda Galaxy. The Magellanic clouds are only visible in the southern hemisphere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »