Home

War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

This is a discussion on War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #33
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I have earned decals but can't figure out how to get them on a plane. It says to do it at the hangar, but I cannot figure out how. Any tips? PS4, btw.
When at the hanger, highlight "Customization" and hit X. It'll take you to the the decals setup. Using the pic as a guide, bottom left hand corner is a set of 4 decals. Use your DS4 touch pad (like a mouse) and point the arrow to the unlocked left side and tap the the touch pad with the arrow pointed in the box. A window should appear with all types of decals you can purchase (some will be locked for future required earnings). Again using the touch pad, select the decal, drag and place the decal to your plane. You can resize it (similar to how you would on a tablet) and place it on the part of the plane you like. Note your D-pad options such as (both sides) if you wish. In short, your touch pad on your DS4 acts like a mouse and tablet screen would. Good Luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piccadilly_lilly.jpg (251.8 KB, 111 views)
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #34
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
When you start the early fields of battle, namely Albion and Stalingrad, you will immediately see everyone mixing it up in one big, crazy dogfight. Everyone goes after planes. Don't fall into this trap. Ignore the planes and take out as many ground targets as you can. That is what determines which side wins the battle and you can rack up a ton of points this way. Only go after a plane if one presents itself as an easy target or you can't shake one off of your tail. I have gotten well over 35 ground kills on the Stalingrad level: it enabled my team to win and gave massive points for my research projects and crew upgrades.

Following this logic, try to take out stationary AA guns or stationary Artillery first. They are the easiest to hit and kill. When you move on to vehicles, take out AA and artillery vehicles first, as they can damage you and they have less protection than armored vehicles. Save the armored vehicles for last.

You WILL get shot down a lot at first, both by enemies and by ground fire, and by simply crashing. Get used to it. Keep upgrading your plane and adjust your flying (never in a straight line for any length of time while being fired upon) and you will get a lot better. Learn how your plane controls: less speed equals tighter turns. If you can't out turn your opponent, out run them.

Hope this helps.
Be careful with only going after ground target, you do not get nearly as many Lion Points and RP Points as you do Planes. Without these points you will slow your progression on research of parts and new planes. Also, you can only destroy light tanks, AAA, Artillery and Howitzers with the weapons that you start off with your planes, need rockets for Medium and Heavy tanks and pillboxes. BTW the Americans have machine guns on their Tier 1 planes where the Russians have Cannons.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #35
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
This was a very good tip. Thanks

I normally don't play online so my expertise is rather on the dumb side when it comes to online gaming. However, if someone wants to take command? Attached is a pic I took regarding how to initiate playing with friends? Maybe someone wants to take the lead in setting it up? Like I said, this game is so addictive, it's all I've been playing lately. Never enjoyed online so much now.
Add them to your in game friends list and send a squad invite, think you can only invite 4 friends per squad. Custom battles are good to play together but you do not get any progression points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #36
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Guys, add me ROADKING17. Been playing a while.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #37
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
When at the hanger, highlight "Customization" and hit X. It'll take you to the the decals setup. Using the pic as a guide, bottom left hand corner is a set of 4 decals. Use your DS4 touch pad (like a mouse) and point the arrow to the unlocked left side and tap the the touch pad with the arrow pointed in the box. A window should appear with all types of decals you can purchase (some will be locked for future required earnings). Again using the touch pad, select the decal, drag and place the decal to your plane. You can resize it (similar to how you would on a tablet) and place it on the part of the plane you like. Note your D-pad options such as (both sides) if you wish. In short, your touch pad on your DS4 acts like a mouse and tablet screen would. Good Luck.

How do you get the decals to show up on that screen? My decal slots are blank even though I have earned decals.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 02-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #38
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
How do you get the decals to show up on that screen? My decal slots are blank even though I have earned decals.
1 - With your finger on the touch pad, move the cursor inside the box (box will say choose decal)
2 - Double tap with your finger with the cursor inside the box
3 - Window with decals will appear
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #39
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Been online getting myself shot down regularly or more likely pointing the nose of my plane towards Terra Firma and hitting the throttle to 110%.....

But it's been fun!

On my UK account I'm eon1951.....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #40
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Knight, once downloaded you can play the game under you US Account. Make sure you set the PS4 to primary under your UK Account otherwise the game will be locked out for US play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »