Home

the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

This is a discussion on the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

I know a few folks on here have played "the pinball arcade" on the 360, PS3, etc....but they have just announced a kickstarter program to bring TZ to the platform. they need $55K+ pledged in the next month to make it happen.....i've already pledged and would encourage anyone that can to do so as well.

for those that have never played it, twilight zone is considered one of the best pinball tables of all time. it's currently #1 on IPDB and #3 on pinside.com's top 100 rankings. this is the only way these licensed tables will EVER make it to official digital form on consoles/etc.

oh, and check the link....they mention the possibility of more licensed tables coming (including star trek: the next generation..also a top 10-15 ranked pin) if this works out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-twilight-zone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

I would love to see Twilight Zone come to a digital form and be included in Pinball Arcade, but I HATE where this is going. Kickstarter is being used for everything. "Want new maps in Call of Duty? Pay for them in Kickstarter". They want $55,000 to get the rights for the table, but will still then turn around and sell it for $5-10 for the table alone.

I won't be supporting it, but hope they figure out another way to get the table rights.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

They are using Kickstarter to pay the rights fee to use Twilight Zone. At first im like really your using Kickstarter to get support for a digital version of a pinball table.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Rookie

not sure why anyone would have a problem with them using kickstarter. they are in it to make a profit...that's what companies do. they looked at TZ but determined that it just wasn't feasible due to the massive up front licensing fee (and that's just their cost to get the ball rolling...they will still have to pay royalties on every item sold).

most companies would have simply dropped the idea and moved on to the next one...we would likely not even know that they were thinking about it...but they decided to bring the matter to the players. if we want TZ, we can help out...if we don't want it, it will not be made.

ever.

I hope they're successful.

btw....closing in on $30K pledged.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Because it sets a bad precedent for devs to use kick starter for everything. That bothers me. If they can't afford it, then they shouldn't be the ones making the game. $55,000 is not a lot of money in the gaming world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Because it sets a bad precedent for devs to use kick starter for everything. That bothers me. If they can't afford it, then they shouldn't be the ones making the game. $55,000 is not a lot of money in the gaming world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is a unique situation. we aren't anywhere near "precedence setting" territory.

as far as $55K not being a lot in the videogame realm...meh...farsight has a job to do: make money. they obviously felt that chunk of change was a hindrance. as a result, they let the community have a say. kudos to them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Rookie

they just hit $30K in pledges.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
this is a unique situation. we aren't anywhere near "precedence setting" territory.

as far as $55K not being a lot in the videogame realm...meh...farsight has a job to do: make money. they obviously felt that chunk of change was a hindrance. as a result, they let the community have a say. kudos to them.
All I see is a company that doesn't want to take a risk. And yeah, I also see this as setting a bad precedence. As much as I love pinball, and as much as I support Farsight, asking your "fans" to donate money so you don't have to take on as much risk just doesn't sit right. If they at least were giving up some percentage on the table for people who give money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »