Home

Rocksmith

This is a discussion on Rocksmith within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Rocksmith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksmith

Has anyone played this? I saw a commercial for it today. I've picked up the guitar a few times and gotten as far as learning the chords, but I always just got to busy. Maybe if I invested money into it I would get more motivated. Having an interactive teacher would help too. Just need to find a cheap electric acoustic.

Can a mod change the title so that (360, Ps3, PC) is included?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Rocksmith

Bought it this week and I love it. I started taking lessons last year and considering the pace at which the lessons moved and the amount of money spent, this game is a MUCH better investment for me at least. I can learn at my own pace and the mini-games have helped me immensely in learning how to move from fret to fret.

I'm using the single note option for starters and then working my way into chords.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

I'm really considering getting this if I can find it a little cheaper around black Friday or Christmas. Hate that they felt the need to charge an extra $20 for a cable that probably cost $3 to make.

I'll let you guinea pig it until then . One thing I don't want is to be able to eventually get decent on the game, but then not translate it into jamming in my garage.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I'm really considering getting this if I can find it a little cheaper around black Friday or Christmas. Hate that they felt the need to charge an extra $20 for a cable that probably cost $3 to make.

I'll let you guinea pig it until then . One thing I don't want is to be able to eventually get decent on the game, but then not translate it into jamming in my garage.
Also looking to pick this up around Black Friday or Christmas

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 10-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85

LOL... see that's the thing, you do actually learn how to play the guitar with this game. It's not like Guitar Hero and Rock Band where you master a song on expert and STILL have no idea how to play a real guitar....lol...once you master something on this game, you have a pretty good handle on how to play the guitar. Heck, the game actually tunes the guitar for you at each startup and periodically during the game. Once you master a song the game puts you in Master mode where you get to try your hands at playing songs without the prompts telling you which strings/frets/chords to hit. Considering what I've spent/wasted on actual lessons without getting past learning how to play a few chords, I've already gotten a return on my investment.

Funny thing is, I was actually making plans to sell my guitar on Ebay since I refused to endure the snails pace of lessons plus the waste of money. Then I saw the commercial on TV late one night and thought, what the hell?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

I know that. I still need to be convinced that I will be able to play guitar and it doesn't just teach you your cliche guitar songs.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I've heard so many different opinions on this game that I'm not sure what to make of it. The concept is intriguing, though.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 22

I remember when the first Guitar Hero came out, I said, god I wish they would make a game with a real guitar.

Finally, my prayers have been answered lol Haven't bought it yet, but if I keep hearing the reviews I have been, I will definitely be investing in it. I already play the piano, would love to learn the guitar as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »