Home

Old 06-15-2023, 04:30 PM   #17
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Diablo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJmoore0920
Yeah I grinded hard so I could beat the Capstone dungeon to unlock World Tier 3 thinking the higher World Tiers would unlock for alts....I was wrong and it really just burned me out from playing anymore. I mean I beat the campaign as a Necromancer and wanted to really really get deep into it and make it where it would be easier to level alts. I wanted to level up every class (I tried doing the same in WoW and got burnt) but I should of researched more before I went hard and heavy in the grinding.
I think you can have someone else help clear the capstone dungeons for you to unlock WT3/WT4 or at least I hope you can, haven't tried it myself. I can help clear both if you need it.
Old 06-17-2023, 02:28 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yeah I grinded hard so I could beat the Capstone dungeon to unlock World Tier 3 thinking the higher World Tiers would unlock for alts....I was wrong and it really just burned me out from playing anymore. I mean I beat the campaign as a Necromancer and wanted to really really get deep into it and make it where it would be easier to level alts. I wanted to level up every class (I tried doing the same in WoW and got burnt) but I should of researched more before I went hard and heavy in the grinding.
Just team up with a friend or two who can clear capstone on WT2. Stand in the entrance and do nothing with your level 1 guy and reap all the xp and unlock wt3.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 06-20-2023, 04:08 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I can help you and you could help me, if you want to get back in...I can clear Capstone solo, I am thinking I could probably do it with you in the back as well.

Join my clan if interested, THE MATRIX (MATRX) but I won't be playing D4 for a day or two myself as I just got the Madden 24 beta code.

Also - Blizzard needs to add a gem that you can use to make any weapon a level 1 weapon like D3 had, then it would be easy and fast to alt-level up the toons

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-20-2023, 05:59 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 8

Fortunately it sounds like the devs are listening. They recently announced that they are rethinking some things like renown and the map shroud on new characters, which are unnecessarily tedious.

I wouldn't mind the capstone being unlocked for all characters, but I have to admit that it is somewhat of a logical gateway to progression. You need to be strong enough to play in the T3 & T4 to make the experience worth it because you're better off playing in a lower difficulty tier if you are struggling. However, T3 & T4 provide access to much better items which make those capstone dungeons much easier than if you try to do it with just T2 or T3 items. So, I see both sides there.

The game has been fun, but the below are some glaring issues that need to be addressed sooner rather than later:

-Nightmare dungeon run values increased
(Devs have stated that this is a priority fortunately)

-Tell me how many obols I can carry for my max
(seriously why is this not already a thing? Have I just missed this setting to show it?)

-Account wide renown
(Renown makes sense for a first play through, but it is an overly tedious grind that makes no sense on additional characters and it honestly makes me not want to play the game beyond my original character)

-World Boss difficulty increased as well as the rewards increased and re-scaled
(WB's are a joke. They are, imo, the most interesting fights in the game, but they are also among the easiest encounters in the game. If you're on WT1 or WT2 then you might struggle as there are a lot of new players or players who are severely under leveled/geared, but once you get to T3 and T4 then those fights are so easy that it's kind of silly. They certainly don't scale properly. Especially at WT4, which is especially annoying because that one drops a lvl80 cache. It's very easy to beat a WT4 WB with a handful of people in the 60s and 70s, but the game acts like you need to be much higher level by dropping this level locked caches. So, I end up dropping down to Nightmare to do WB's just so I can actually get some kind of interesting loot which feels bad. Give us a real challenge that requires at least some modicum of coordination, and make these semi-rare events provide some real rewards.

-Legion event difficulty increase & rewards increased
(Similar to WB. These events are absurdly easy. The rewards actually aren't bad for the time investment & ease of doing so, but it would be nice if they were a little bit more challenging and provided greater rewards to compensate.)

-More difficulty tiers.
(This game never should have shipped with WT4 as the max difficulty. I know that more are coming, but the balancing here is just stupid. As a level 70 sorc with fairly average gear, I can solo everything in the game at WT4 except for WB's. I still have 30 more levels before the cap, so what exactly am I aiming towards? I believe that a WT5 has been datamined, but it should have been delivered on release. The level scaling in this game relative to difficulty is bad, and there is no other way to put it.)
Old 06-20-2023, 06:27 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Treasure goblins are way too rare as well, I mean crazy rare

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #22
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Just went through last night with a buddy and got all Alts of Lilith. At least that part is done for new characters to take advantage of when season 1 drops.

Almost to level 60. This is not a game I usually play, but the way sports games are going here we are. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just went through last night with a buddy and got all Alts of Lilith. At least that part is done for new characters to take advantage of when season 1 drops.

Almost to level 60. This is not a game I usually play, but the way sports games are going here we are. LOL
If you're not already in a clan join mine? The Matrix (MATRX) is the name, my wife and I both play on PS5 and PC.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM   #24
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah... been clear of this thread for whatever reason, lol.

My 3 buddies and I are all around 85 right now. Binged this hard the first three days, but waiting for our next session!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »