Home

NHL 2k10 - losing control in 2 player games

This is a discussion on NHL 2k10 - losing control in 2 player games within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NHL 2k10 - losing control in 2 player games

A friend and I started a franchise on the PS3 version where we each control 2 teams. One of us picks a team and the other plays as the opposition. About 4-5 times a game, there will be a stretch of play where the visitor cannot hit any buttons on his controller (well he can but they don't do anything). Sometimes he can move around OK and just not hit buttons, sometimes he cannot do anything at all.
I know I'm a bit late to the NHL 2k10 party since I just bought it a couple of weeks ago so this problem has probably been gone over already but I can't find anything about it. Is there a workaround to this and how on earth was this not noticed in testing, it took us one game to find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 2k10 - losing control in 2 player games

I beleive there was a bug with manual lines changes if the home team chose their line before the visiting team. Are you playing with manual line changes?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes we were playing with manual line changes. I will try to make sure the visitors choose first and see how it goes.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The home team can't touch any buttons until after the away team has chosen their line. On special teams and 4 on 4, it helps to wait a couple seconds longer after the away team chooses their line. If control is lost, then the team without control can regain control by bringing up their line change menu and reselecting their line (just one of them, doesn't have to be both forward and defense).
Hope that helps!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

I haven't had a chance to play this lately but I am printing out your reply to remind me of what to do. Thanks for your help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

np, I pretty much only play multiplayer offline franchise, so this was so annoying and it took us awhile to figure out you had to delay a little extra on special teams (until we figured it out, we used to call it 'home ice advantage' lol) . Can't believe this was never fixed. Great game though, hoping against hope they come out with nhl 2k12, with a wicked franchise mode and more overall polish (and no bugs like this).
Happy hockey gaming!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

this is so stupid when it happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »