Home

NHL2K12 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL2K12 Wishlist within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL2K12 Wishlist

Lets all pretend that 2K12 is going to come out this year for next-gen consoles.
In saying that, what's on your wishlist?

Here are 3 on my list:

1. My Player Mode comparable to NBA2K11
2. Controls similar to skill stick.
3. Upgrade in announcers. Randy Hahn is brutal. Maybe get the guys from CBC or TSN? I hate Jim Hughson though. Brutal!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL2K12 Wishlist

1. Improved Presentation...this includes everything; on ice sounds, cut scenes, intros, commentary, ect.

2. Better controls on offense, dekeing especially.

3. Revamped Goalies, cosmetically, animation wise, and AI.

4. Deeper Franchise

5. Improved Cpu defensive AI
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

In my opinion, 2k10's AI was generally good to great, but there was one FATAL A.I flaw in 2k10 pre or post patch.

No cpu defenseman will EVER carry the puck up ice. I'm not talking once in 20 attempts never, I'm talking it is hard-coded that a cpu d-man, even the most offensive minded ones ( Scott Niedermayer, Brian leetch clone, Bobby orr's twin brother), will absolutely never try to rush the puck up ice and penetrate the human team's offensive zone.

They will always pass it off to a a forward once they cross a specific point on the ice. If 2k12 comes out, this HAS to be fixed, as this was a point that killed 2k10 for me. Give it a try on your 2k10 copies if you still have it and see for yourself.

If they get this fixed, then they can concentrate in better analog controls, animations, gfx, etc etc. It's absolutely pointless to play a hockey game offline where a huge part of the game is just completely missing.

EDIT: didn't try 2k11 as I don't have a wii, but money99, did you see cpu d-men attack the off.zone in that version?

thanks

Last edited by phillyfan23; 01-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
EDIT: didn't try 2k11 as I don't have a wii, but money99, did you see cpu d-men attack the off.zone in that version?

thanks
It's been a while since I played it myself as I only borrowed it for a while.
It's $20 at gamestop in Canada and I might pick it up this weekend. If I do, I'll report back asap.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It's been a while since I played it myself as I only borrowed it for a while.
It's $20 at gamestop in Canada and I might pick it up this weekend. If I do, I'll report back asap.
If you do I would greatly appreciate some attributes for some players, if you have the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
In my opinion, 2k10's AI was generally good to great, but there was one FATAL A.I flaw in 2k10 pre or post patch.

No cpu defenseman will EVER carry the puck up ice. I'm not talking once in 20 attempts never, I'm talking it is hard-coded that a cpu d-man, even the most offensive minded ones ( Scott Niedermayer, Brian leetch clone, Bobby orr's twin brother), will absolutely never try to rush the puck up ice and penetrate the human team's offensive zone.

They will always pass it off to a a forward once they cross a specific point on the ice. If 2k12 comes out, this HAS to be fixed, as this was a point that killed 2k10 for me. Give it a try on your 2k10 copies if you still have it and see for yourself.

If they get this fixed, then they can concentrate in better analog controls, animations, gfx, etc etc. It's absolutely pointless to play a hockey game offline where a huge part of the game is just completely missing.

thanks
Except that the AI on the defensive side tends to just collapse to the net all the time. Like they only had one AI run routine on defense.

My list would be the spitting image of Savoie's.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

2k8 Controls
Multiplayer Online Franchise Mode with customizable season length 20/40/82

but I don't think 2k12 is gonna happen
Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Except that the AI on the defensive side tends to just collapse to the net all the time. Like they only had one AI run routine on defense.

My list would be the spitting image of Savoie's.
this was the biggest fix they made in the 2k10 patch if you remember realmk.....pre-patch it was horrible, but post-patch, the d-men stood you up at the line more often than not and will knock you silly if you played against aggressive d-men.

MUCH better than any of ea nhl d-men AI from 07 to 11 IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »