Home

Playbook knowledge needed for Supersim?

This is a discussion on Playbook knowledge needed for Supersim? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Playbook knowledge needed for Supersim?

I guess this may have been answered at some point, but I cannot find it. Does it matter if the players know the plays in Supersim? I understand all about it if you actually play the games, but I just don't have the time right now. However, if the playbook knowledge doesn't matter in Supersim then I wont play the pre-season games either.

I started a new Browns game with some different playbooks than I have used in the past so it is a learning experience for me as well in a way.

I know this board doesn't get a lot of attention now, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Playbook knowledge needed for Supersim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
I guess this may have been answered at some point, but I cannot find it. Does it matter if the players know the plays in Supersim? I understand all about it if you actually play the games, but I just don't have the time right now. However, if the playbook knowledge doesn't matter in Supersim then I wont play the pre-season games either.

I started a new Browns game with some different playbooks than I have used in the past so it is a learning experience for me as well in a way.

I know this board doesn't get a lot of attention now, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Playbook knowledge matters whether you play, sim, or supersim. I often supersim in preseason to get the plays learned, then I play all the rest of the games. I get what you say about time though-some of the games I play stretch out to two hours.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah, Play knowledge will definitely effect the production of each play, no matter if its sim super simmed or played. I obviously advise you to play every down and call every play, but thats not feasible for everyone. Some people only play this game for an hour or two here or there. When I play, Im playing for at least 4 hours(2 full games) but thats what I enjoy about it.

Can you still win/learn plays while simming/supersimming? Of course. The only real issue is if you dont pick the plays yourself, the oc and dc will call the same 10-20 plays all game, every game. That leads to plays having usage scores over 5% and ends up killing normally effective plays. At that point(really even 3% or higher usages score), thats a type of play EVERY TEAM is expecting you to use on that down and distance when they verse you.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Thanks for the feedback guys, and so soon as well!

I guess I will supersim the games then. I played the 1st pre-season game and it was a disaster! But the crappy coaches don't help.

One other question...since my objective is to just get through this first season so I can get rid of the coaching staff, is there any real advantage to doing anything but simming the games for this first season?

Btw I have had to put 3 guys on IR already and it is just the 2nd week of pre-season.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
Banned

The only advantage to simming through the first season is to get to the offseason/first draft faster. The disadvantages out weigh it in my opinion. Adding on to what I said earlier, When you sim and supersim, you make less points for your WHOLE STAFF. You could win a game 40-20 supersimmed or simmed and you wouldnt even make half what you would if you played that same game and got the same stats.

The game was made to be played, but if you see this as there still being 15 years to develop your coach, sim the first season. If you see it as I want to be the best coach I can make(my personal opinion), then you need to play every game to get the most points for development.

Last edited by algoody421; 05-04-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

I agree with you and I really wish I had the time to play every game. Unfortunately since a game can take up to 2 hours to play, I just don't have that amount of time. If I waited until I did, I would play once every 2 or 3 weeks. So I am trying to figure out how to keep the game a little honest and give me the enjoyment I want out of it.

So I guess in a perfect world I would have the time to put into the game that I would like to, but I guess until I get to live that perfect life, I am just trying to figure out how to make it fit into the one I have to live.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

The only obvious advantage supersim has over sim-your coaches will get more points. Your staff isn't as good-you'd mostly be getting points for your HC. I think you'd be looking at about 5000-15000 points more if you supersim. I think it might be best to supersim.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Banned

I know from simming 32 seasons doing that duntov excel file, the better your staff, the more points you'll get simming. For instance, over an entire season, Hal o'famer got almost 20,000 points, just simming. Meanwhile, My created coach at 5 performance, 2 in strategy or playcall(not both), and charisma/charm, would barely net 10-15k based on the coaching staff around them. Teams that went 6-10 made like 10k, teams that went 10-6 made around 15k 13+ wins and you're around 20000. Coordinators made around 10k max, and same with the position coaches unless that position is stacked and produces better.

Those numbers are ONLY IF YOU NEVER DEVELOP YOUR STAFF DURING THE SEASON. If you were to develop them after every couple of games, you might make more because your team would play better. Ive never charted how much I make playing the games over a full season, might be something someone should do....

I do know Ive made more than 20000 in a season though, especially if I play the games and win 12 of them or more...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »