Home

What do u hate the most when playing HC

This is a discussion on What do u hate the most when playing HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What do u hate the most when playing HC

For me personally, its the CPU insta-pass.

You know what I mean, That play where the CPU QB hasen't even finished his dropback and yet he throws the ball (mostly while jumping backward) to a receiver who is covered but still catches the pass and half the time takes it to the house making ur prized CB look like the second coming of Jamarcus Russell defensive back style.

And it always happens on a play that you should have either gotten a sack or tackle for loss. OR its 3rd and long and u really need a stop then boom Tavaris Jackson lights it up in half a second to who even knows who and there's Revis like WTF just happened!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What do u hate the most when playing HC

cpu play inside the 2-minute mark. All of a sudden, a team I've held to 3rd and out ALL DAY is completing 12-yard passes every time. the score is 0-21 in my favor at 2:01 in the 2nd quarter, and suddenly it's 7-21 at 1:14 in the 2nd quarter.

happens damn near every game. both halves.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Hmm which do I pick? There's a lot even though I love the game so much. For me, and maybe it's just me, but when the computer gets the ball on its first possession of the 3rd quarter, I swear there's nothing I can do to stop it from getting a touchdown. Even my kids see it coming now when I'm playing and get that look on my face and call it the "3rd quarter cheat".

then there's the shouldblock tackles that cause facemasks, or running up behind a 'back to tackle him and going flying off when his ankle touches me... Or seeing a guy with a 54 catch get 9 passes for 141 yards and 2 tds when your own receiver, with a 85 catch drops 2 passes in a row, uncontested. LOL!!!

Of course, you take the good with the bad - and pray one day someone will see us few poor souls still playing the game years later and think, "Hey, it's time to make HC14!"
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

The pick sixes drive me nuts. I don't mind throwing the interception but why are so many taken back for touchdowns!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

TOTALLY agree about the CPU 2 min drill!!!!

As far as the start of the 3rd quarter tho I haven't ever had that prob, most of the time the coin toss goes in the cpu's favor and they always want the ball at the start which is fine for me I would rather have it to start the 2nd half to begin with but glad to know that I should stay away from getting it to start the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

The inability of the CPU to play any defense at all.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1

That a Tristan Riley at a 97 Accuracy and a Peyton manning at a 98 Accuracy can throw 5-6 TD's a game and 369 yards but also 3-4 Ints. including a couple of pick sixes on schedule every game.

And how my well prepared kicker can hit 37 and 45 yard field goals but misses extra points.

Oh and Less we forget the freezes, especially when you have played a great game and scored 47 points including a couple pick six's, a punt and kickoff return, and about 500 yards worth of Offense, and it Freezes with 1:48 left in the game.

Otherwise I just love It to death.

Last edited by bblack1207; 04-09-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Wanted to include more info.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I love how the game freezes at the most inopportune times. Like the middle of the draft or right after the draft. Pisses me off having to restart it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »