Home

Luke Rambis... Stud... nuff said

This is a discussion on Luke Rambis... Stud... nuff said within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Luke Rambis... Stud... nuff said

So I have been away for a while but just the other day I decided to throw HC09 back in for a whirl.

Normally I go with Kansas City but looking for a new challenge I chose the Falcons. My strategy was to have a Patriots type of offense, using a pocket QB and multiple wideouts in short to medium routs, with a Pressure 4-3 defense.

I am now in my second season and it's week 6. Currently I am undefeated.....the reason I am undefeated.... Luke Rambis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play all the games and call all the plays, never have I gone 9 games (counting the 4 in the preseason) without my QB throwing an INT.

At this point Rambis has 18 TD's and no picks in 157 attempts!

My point... I think he is the best draftable QB to build a pass attack around. Yes, better than English in my opinion. He just plays effin AMAZING!

This isn't madden and my stick skills dont matter, that's why I think it is so cool, he is doing it on his own. Granted yes, I am using a Patriots base playbook tweaked slightly but still 157 attempts and he's completed 131 of em.... gimme a break, this dude can flat out play!

what do you guys think... anyone ever had a QB play this well for u?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Luke Rambis... Stud... nuff said

Joe Kain isn't even a "future 50" player, but he's probably the best QB I've ever had, and I've had most of the big names. English, Morrow, Riley, etc.

With Martz's playbook, the vertical passing philosophy, and a competent receiver corps, a BAD game for Kain is 3 touchdowns and 350 yards. Most games I see him well over 450+ yards and 5+ TDs.

Unless he's under tremendous rush pressure from the get-go, he'll find the open receiver and put the ball exactly where it needs to be for the receiver to get it but the DBs to miss it.

He can even run in a pinch (although he won't scramble).

I feel that the only knock on him is that he's poor under pressure, so he needs a decent O line.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1

I would say Tristan Riley in the Ozzie Jones Path. In my New career I am in my 3rd year with him and he has been the MVP twice, Best QB 3 times. Thrown for more than 4,000 yards 3 times (the latest being 5,300. and 48 TD's), Over 40 TD Passes 3 times, and has run for 17 TD's.
Of course you have to groom the right WR's and TE's around him, and a good O-Line and Run game i.e. Ozzie Jones, LeMarcus Taylor.)
Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I've never had English.

Had Riley and he was awesome. Always seemed like he went for the big play.

I've played in a path in which the Cardinals drafted Kain. That guy made my life hell. It was always between my team and the Cardinals for the number one seed.

I have a career now w/ Zazzali. The Packers traded him to me. I have the college playbook and he's good throwing and running. His third year (2nd w/ me) he went 6 or 7 games w/o an interception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

noah wyoming is my favorite. Kain is nasty so is hurst. But noah in the 2nd round is a much better pick than kain or hurst #1. I think my brother had rambis. He loved that guy for his steelers team. I never use the zazzali draft for some reason so maybe I should check it out soon. Im starting to get the itch to play again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I've never had English.

Had Riley and he was awesome. Always seemed like he went for the big play.

I've played in a path in which the Cardinals drafted Kain. That guy made my life hell. It was always between my team and the Cardinals for the number one seed.

I have a career now w/ Zazzali. The Packers traded him to me. I have the college playbook and he's good throwing and running. His third year (2nd w/ me) he went 6 or 7 games w/o an interception.
Zazzali runs for you? I played against him once against the Bears and he never did much scrambling. It might be the college playbook after all.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Zazzali runs for you? I played against him once against the Bears and he never did much scrambling. It might be the college playbook after all.
Yea, it's the playbook. He doesn't really scramble. I was referring to the options and direct QB runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #8
Rookie

RougeRogue's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStang
what do you guys think... anyone ever had a QB play this well for u?
I've come to like Harvard's Owen Paulus, available a few years later in the Sweetney path... 98 potential as Field General. I wasn't able to get Rambis (Falcons have an iron grip on him), so gave several others trial runs, until Paulus came up for draft, and I was able to trade up to get him at #4 (the Patriots, somehow, bypassed him, and picked QB Cameron Sheets as their number one pick?!?), and I haven't looked back....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »