Home

How is your current career doing?

This is a discussion on How is your current career doing? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
How is your current career doing?

Just about to start 1st preseason of 2nd year with the Raiders. Call it cheating if you want but I started from the preseason my 1st year so I could dump Russell, Sands, Curry, and all those other terrible contracts.

Long story short went 8-8 first year. Had the #1 pass defense with that Asomugha and Hall. Also led league in sacks. But I had the worst pass offense. Which is expect when all your receivers have a Catch rating below 70 and your QB is Andrew Walter lol. Made for some frustrating possessions. Won games because of my defense and Run DMC, who won Rookie of the Year. Asomugha won DB of the year.

Anyways, didn't do much in offseason. Upgraded staff of course. I have the English path by the way. I needed a LOLB so I signed Mike Vrabel but that was before I realized Mack Johnson was in this draft too sooo...

Drafted Dane Morrow, Patrick Boma, Mack Johnson, and Juran Riley along with a solid LT whose name escapes me (not Javon Jackson) and a speedy WR, I think his name is like Forbes or something.

Traded Vrabel, moved Johnson to LOLB to play next to Morrison and Howard...things are looking up.

Last edited by whoRweNATION; 06-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Banned

Re: How is your current career doing?

Playing my first preseason game now and it looks like the front 7 is gonna pick up right where they left off as far as blitzing the QBs go. Dane Morrow is sucking though. I got rid of my 8 OVR offensive coordinator for that Jets OC, Shottenmeyer or something lol, but Morrow is struggling. Already threw a pick-six playing Jacksonville.

Forgot to mention I drafted Jamarion Bellows too in hopes he can lead this brand new receiving core to a solid season or at least a not-freaking-awful season like last year.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Banned

SOOOO refreshing seeing a QB throw a pass over the middle...WITH some sort of accuracy...and to see a WR CATCH IT and not drop it.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Good Luck with The Raiders!

I did not start by dumping the salaries suggested in my latest dynasty, and just might have made a couple of bad decisions too, and didn't live past season two.

I'll be following your thread.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Played first 6 years with the Bears-made the playoffs the 1st year, but lost to the Eagles, then won 5 straight Super Bowls with the Bears. Switched to the Seahawks the 7th year;went 10-6 but missed the playoffs. I'll shortly be starting the 8th year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

about to start year 2 (year 3 overall) with the Bears. Started with the steelers (in retrospect should have chosen somebody else, but whatever) and simmed the season to take over another team. choose last place (1-15 record) bears.

Signed LE Caraun Laurence and QB Joe Kain, who won not only rookie of the year, but league MVP, en route to a wildcard playoff spot. lost first round, meh.

very happy with my draft this year. picked up an onken, plugged up my hole at LE with one of the top stars in the draft, and filled out the rest of my underperforming positions. I don't think I have a single spot where I'm starting somebody under 80 ovl anymore.

Even more good news, I fired the rest of the staff that the owner made me keep last season (Never understood why you can't hire new staff the season you're hired in this game) that were underperforming (almost everybody) and i'm quite happy with their replacements.

This is the first time in years i haven't used draft sheets, and all of a sudden finding out I drafted a pot 84 in round 6 is a pleasant surprise, not a "well that's who was left" moment.

only problem is a lot of the best talent on my team is nearing retirement. Urlacher, Briggs, and several more could be gone any time now.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm at the start of my 4th season in Oakland.

I'm pretty sure (or at least I've seen) folks talk about how challenging OAK can be, so I've been pleasantly surprised to make it this far and be successful while doing so. First season we went 10-6 but missed the playoffs. My main focus has been developing any skills related to QB development to try to make Russell a decent NFL QB, and thankfully I've been successful for the most part. Then in my first offseason (since I started preseason 2008) I traded up from 19 to 6 to take WR Kammeon Walker and also got sleeper Tremaine Jefferson later in that draft. But the defense has been the key to our success for the most part.

YEs, I said success, because year 2 and we went 12-4 and won the division, but lost in the playoffs to the Pats in the AFC Divisional. Then last year we went 13-3 and again won the division but lost in the AFC Championship game to the Jags.

In the WCO JaMarcus has flourished, from 11 TDs 19 INTs my first year to 24/15 in 2009 w/ a 94 QBR and 26/15 in 2010 with a 94 QBR. He's still only an 83 but his accuracy is a respectable 85 which of course works great with his 99 THP. And DMC has been great as well of course, but like I said our D has been the key to our success. I'm proud of what I've been able to do, no cheat guides, no unrealistic contract purges (did get some game changer last year which cleared all of my cap penalties, thankfully lol). Just hard work and good coaching, if I do say so myself, lol.

Last edited by rangerrick012; 06-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043776039

In my 1st year with a new Chiefs Dynasty. Completely took the team apart and built it up with Free Agents, Trades and Draft. So far I'm 3-0 with the new look Chiefs and the Wildcat Offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »