Home

D-Line Coaches

This is a discussion on D-Line Coaches within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
D-Line Coaches

My Defensive Line coaches can never seem to get more than 600 coach skill points after a game, and its hard to get them better.

does anyone know what i could do to help my D-Line coach to get more coach skill points from gameday?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: D-Line Coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermajor23
My Defensive Line coaches can never seem to get more than 600 coach skill points after a game, and its hard to get them better.

does anyone know what i could do to help my D-Line coach to get more coach skill points from gameday?
All position coaches get more points when the players on their side of the ball have a good game. You'll need a good game from your DEs and DTs for your DLC to get more points. You get more points when you play or supersim than when you sim, though.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Rookie

i play all my games and i normally average 2 sacks a game, and still not much improvement in my DL coach
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Getting two sacks a game isn't that much if you have a good defensive line, especially if you're using default sliders. Aaron Kampman averages better than a sack per game on defaults all by himself - then again, I blitz a fair bit.

What's your defensive scheme - 3-4 zone blitz, Tampa-2...?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Rookie

i use a 4-3 scheme. i want to get my pressure from my front four, but i know i have to blitz OLB's to make that happen unfortuantely, but its the only way i get sacks. i want more from my d-line. which is why i want my DLine coach better. he has a lot of potential, Tim Splangler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Pro

Do you want advice on getting your DL more sacks?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Rookie

sure, but i know:

to shift my defensive line
blitz the LOLB
get the speed and block shedding special skills for HC, DC, and DL coaches
press with my cornerbacks
and i like to make sure that my LE and DT1 to have 87+ Acceleration, 85+ FVM, and 85+ Block Shedding

if you have more tips please let me know
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Pro

Generally, you need to know how your playbook works, and how to maximize the pressure packages you have to get your DL sacks instead of your 'backers. What you've mentioned is good, but how you use it makes all the difference.

For example, take the 4-3 blitz play Free Fire. Shifting the DL to the right (offense's left) will usually free up your RE with a free run to the QB, with at worst a pass-blocking RB in his way. Shifting to the left may free up the LE. Knowing how each shift works to free up whom is pretty important.

Another great option are some of the zone blitz plays, particularly the ones that allow the DL to slant either individually or as a group. Weak Slant 3 is one of those, where the weak-side DE drops into coverage as the other three all slant his way. Especially with quick DTs, that will get a a guy in the QB's face in a hurry.

Even though in a 3-4 you plan to have most of the pressure from your linebackers, there are plays in that system that frequently free up linemen. Gap Press is one where, if you have pass-rushing ends and tackles, the little shimmy-shake built in to the play for your linemen will have them past lesser guards and centers quickly.

Another important attribute - for you - is calling a variety of plays. Calling the same blitz too many times, or calling blitzes period too many times, virtually guarantees you getting burned by the AI. Play man and zone; blitz and cover; press and off. You can generate coverage sacks in this game by rushing just three or four, so have a sense of when to back off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »