Home

easiest and hardest teams to start with ...

This is a discussion on easiest and hardest teams to start with ... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
easiest and hardest teams to start with ...

I'm just curious as to who everyone thinks is the easiest and the hardest teams to start a career with.

Myself - Easiest - I started a career with the Phil. Eagles and they had the cap room and talent I'd dream to walk into! I found them even easier to play with off the start then NE.
Hardest - For me was buffalo / oakland ... both had big contracts to bad players and at one point buffalo fired me for having 6m in cap penalties ... 6m really come on !

U?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: easiest and hardest teams to start with ...

redskins are hardest for me(really hard division)
bucs and eagles are easiest for me(top5 teams with 20m+ in cap room)
Old 07-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

In terms of winning the superbowl?

Raiders, Miami, and Cheifs are the worse.

BUT the Redskins are in the toughest divison. I went 11-5 and not even a wildcard. Eagles were behind me at 7-9.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Induction's Arena

OVR: 1

Easiest-Eagles

Hardest-Miami
Strategy Guide: $19.99
Schooling All The Newbies: Priceless
Old 07-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I think teams like Indy and the Pats are too easy - I wouldn't even use them - but I think the Jags are the most fun of the easy teams to use. They have a really good mix of talent on all sides and room to add a couple key players too.

The hardest might be the Raiders just because of all the huge contracts for mediocre people. It does help if you trade down out of that 1st round spot to something in the low teens so you don't have yet another huge contract to handle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I went as the bears because i'm a big fan of the bears and thus i knew who was on their rooster and what they were weak in. All the bears really need is two good olbs on lolb and rolb (i didn't resign lance briggs) a dt, wrs, qb and a hb and ss. Seems like alot but in my two years playing with them i traded for another good dt a good ss drafted qb hb lolb rolb and four wrs. To top it all off i'm doing the Sweetney draft which i thought was pretty balanced and is easy to find good places at the bottom.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've only done six 'chises so far because I was quite busy during the school year, but I can definitely say the Raiders is the most difficult I've done. The Redskins required some nimble maneuvering for four years, but the Danny Snyder contracts you're trying to clear also belong to solid players....for the most part (*cough cough* Antwaan Randle El *cough cough*). The Raiders on the other hand, boggle the mind. Trying to operate around the massive contracts given out to Jamarcus Russell, Tommy Kelly, Terdell Sands and even Justin Fargas (to a degree) is like navigating a minefield. Oh, and Nnamdi's a free agent. I wanted to cut loose DeAngelo Hall because, even though he's good in this game, I've long felt he was overrated and annoying but there was no way I was pulling that off anytime soon.

The Patriots are exceptionally easy, as one might guess. I did a chise determined to blow them up and convert the defense to a Tampa 2, but even that resulted in me only losing one game in the first three years. Although I did get myself in considerable cap trouble between whittling away at the Patriot core and several top 10 picks obtained from dealing those players (one of whom was a huge injury bust and necessitated my dealing up for Oshinowo), I still don't think it's going to be as hard to get out as it will be for my Raiders chise (whenever I go back to those two.)

I imagine the Colts would also be insanely easy given their super-pumped-up coaching staff. Some of those members deserve their ratings (Tom Moore, Howard Mudd, Bill Polian, Jim Caldwell, Clyde Christianson) but you can tell Dungy's on the cover....Ron Meeks never looked so good as he does in HC. And we haven't even considered the talent level of the players.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Raiders was definitely the hardest for me. I think I got fired with an approval of 50+ when I was there. Dolphins were my 2nd hardest. I've been able to get a lot of good talent on that team but they just don't play well together for whatever reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »